3rd May 2017, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

What percentage is required in B.Tech to get a government job for civil engineer?

What percentage is required in B.Tech to get a government job for civil engineer? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria which is followed? It will be helpful if you can answer me quick on this. Awaiting for the response. Thanks!

4th May 2017, 09:44 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What percentage is required in B.Tech to get a government job for civil engineer?

Minimum Percentage is required in B.Tech to get government job for Civil Engineers:

There is a certain eligibility criteria that is to be followed in order to get government job in Civil Engineers. For this,

>> You must have completed B.E/ B.Tech from a recognized university in Civil Engineering stream.

>> Candidates who are pursuing their final year are also eligible to get job in Government based sector.

>> You must have secured minimum 60% marks in Graduation in order to be eligible.

>> Minimum 60% marks throughout the academics are needed for some of the organization and Graduation pass is required for some of the organizations.
4th May 2017, 11:05 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: What percentage is required in B.Tech to get a government job for civil engineer?

You are interested to know the minimum percentage required in B.Tech to get government for Civil Engineer student.

**Basically for getting eligible in government exams such as UPSC IES, SSC JE, PSU’s etc you have to score minimum 60% marks in B.Tech course. If you have scored more than that then there is no need to worry about it you have to start your preparation for government job. You have also an option of getting job in Non Technical field also as Banking job, SSC job etc.

** If you scored less than minimum percentage i.e 60%, then it would be very difficult to get job in PSU’s companies as the minimum eligibility criteria for most of the PSU companies are that student must possess B.Tech degree with more than 60% marks.
4th May 2017, 02:06 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What percentage is required in B.Tech to get a government job for civil engineer? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria which is followed? It will be helpful if you can answer me quick on this. Awaiting for the response. Thanks!

Eligibility for government job like Assistant Engineer (Civil) is a BE/B.Tech graduate in Civil Engineering from a Government recognized university / institute. The age limit is 21 to 42 years. Candidates are selected on the basis of a written test and personal interview. Marks are not mentioned for many government jobs. Only PSUs insists on minimum marks scored and GATE score. For applying a job in many PSUs, minimum marks required is 60%. Therefore, you can apply for government jobs with any percentage of marks in B.Tech. When you apply for a job in PSUs then you have to check the notification for minimum marks required.
4th May 2017, 02:59 PM
kalamrockz

There are various different requirement in different companies, the criteria differs from one organization to another.

However, at an average you should try not to score below 60% in aggregate as you can apply for almost all the government examination with the score mentioned above.
4th May 2017, 03:07 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Being a civil engineer you are eligible to apply for different types of government jobs. You should have completed your B.Tech with minimum 50% marks from a recognized institute. Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years and in some sectors it is 32 years. Age relaxation is also applicable as per government norms. With this percentage of marks you can normally get into all the government sectors.

But, if you want to get in government organisations like NTPC. BHEL, SAIL, IOCL and other PSU's then your score in B.Tech should be above 60%.
4th May 2017, 07:25 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

The marks required in B.Tech to get a government job for Civil Engineer:-

The marks required for government jobs may vary with the job. Most of the jobs require minimum 50% marks in graduation. Certain jobs require Mere pass in civil engineering degree. The details on eligibility can we collect from the official website of the authority that carries out the examination . For central Government jobs Such details can be collected from the website portal of SSC, UPSC etc. Details on job under state government sector can be collected from the website of a state PSC.
4th May 2017, 09:21 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To get a government job, you should have to secure at least 50% aggregate marks in your B. Tech course. You need to appear and qualify the examination conducted by government and you need to appear for personal interview. If you clear all the rounds of the recruitment process then, only you will get a government job.
4th May 2017, 11:50 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

To get government job percentage in your graduation does not matter all matter is that you have completed your graduation from a recognized university. To get government job as a civil engineer you need to appear for the government examination and have to pass it after passing the preliminary, mains and interview then only you will get the job. You need to visit the examination or the website of your desired government company in which you want to do the job.
5th May 2017, 01:49 AM
khanexpert

In your B.Tech(civil), I would suggest you to try and score a minimum of 55% as it is the minimum required marks to apply for various jobs both in public and private sector.
22nd September 2019, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

How many percentage for govt job in b tech civil engineering
17th November 2019, 10:30 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my ssc in andra pradesh
But my graduation completed in Telangana
So i am eligible for assistant engineer and junior engineer or not
14th December 2019, 05:59 AM
Unregistered

Is there considering inter marks, if consider how much percentage can anyone tell me. Appreciate advancly.
6th January 2021, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

I have completed b.tech degree with CPI 5.8 ,am I eligible for civil engineering job.and i am also PWD.
21st April 2022, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum percentage required in b.tech civil to eligible for AEE GOVT jobs
21st April 2022, 05:36 PM
B.Sai aditya

What is the minimum percentage required in b.tech civil to eligible for AEE AND AE
28th April 2022, 12:25 AM
HansAnkhiya

Being a civil engineer you are eligible to apply for different types of government jobs. You should have completed your B. Tech with minimum 50% marks from a recognized institute. Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years and in some sectors it is 32 years.good luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?