26th November 2016, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

What is the process to become a pilot in IAF?

Sir, my name is Sudha Ranga Reddy. I completed 10+2 with 84% and now I'm studying B.Tech 2nd year(mechanical). My aim is to become a pilot in IAF. If I want to become air man then what is the process to become a pilot?

26th November 2016, 04:17 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the process to become a pilot in IAF?

For joining Air force being a female candidate there is two ways for you. First one you can join through COMBINED DEFENSE SERVICE EXAM(CDSE) after completion of your graduation. You can apply only for SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION (SSC) as only Short Service is applicable for women. You can apply for this exam on the official website of UPSC.

Second one is AIR FORCE COMMON ADMISSION TEST (AFCAT). For this exam also you have to complete your graduation and you can apply only for SSC. You can apply for this exam on the official website of AIR FORCE :

http://www.careerairforce.nic.in

Thanks
26th November 2016, 07:28 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

One can become a pilot in IAF either after 10+2 or after graduation.

After 10+2;

Through NDA exam : After clearing NDA exam, one have to undergo a 3 year training at NDA, Khadakwasla, followed by flying training at Air Force Training establishments. After which the candidate will be commissioned as "permanent commission officers" and may be posted as pilots at any Air Force station.

After Graduation;

Through CDSE (for men only) : After clearing the CDSE in order to join Air Force Academy (AFA), the candidate is kept under training from AFA, and get permanent commission as pilots.

Through NCC Special entry (for men only) : The candidate can apply to the Flying Branch of the Indian Air Force if holds an Air Wing Senior Division ’C’ Certificate of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) . Only men can join the Air Force through this mode of entry and will be given a Permanent Commission.

Through AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) : This exam allows both men and women to get into the flying branch for Short Service Commission (SSC) i.e. for 14 years.
26th November 2016, 09:07 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibilty criteria to become pilot:

Candidates must have passed have passed 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics from recognised board with at least 60% marks and of 5% is provided to SC and ST students.

You have to appear in the entrance exam that is conducted by UPSC every year and once you qualify the entrance exam you have to join pilot training School.

Minimum age required is 17.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?