7th September 2017, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

What should I do being a female, if my aim is to become a civil servant?

Sir, I completed my plus two. I am a bio maths student. My aim is becoming a civil servant, but my family saying that getting civil service is risky.so take medicine. I would like to study biology related courses, but they are saying me to take mbbs in China. I didn't like that. I like to take agriculture or BAMS or B.Sc zoology. I don't know which is good. l want a degree for civil service.so l confused to take which course among this. My father saying if you want to go to civil service take arts subject or degree and do coaching for civil service, but he also saying that if you not qualified you didn't get any job with your degree. So take medicine. He has no confidence in my talent, but l really wish to become a civil servant. So, please tell me which course is good for my future and my civil service exam. Please as soon as possible give me an answer. Priya

8th September 2017, 06:15 PM
Thexpert
Banned

Default Re: What should I do being a female, if my aim is to become a civil servant?

For joining in civil service you must appear in an exam conducted by UPSC.
Eligibility criteria for this exam is your age must be 21 years and below 30, You must have finished graduation of any discipline from a recognised university. After your graduation you join any good cauchin centre and prepare for UPSC exam.
8th September 2017, 07:34 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do being a female, if my aim is to become a civil servant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I completed my plus two. I am a bio maths student. My aim is becoming a civil servant, but my family saying that getting civil service is risky.so take medicine. I would like to study biology related courses, but they are saying me to take mbbs in China. I didn't like that. I like to take agriculture or BAMS or B.Sc zoology. I don't know which is good. l want a degree for civil service.so l confused to take which course among this. My father saying if you want to go to civil service take arts subject or degree and do coaching for civil service, but he also saying that if you not qualified you didn't get any job with your degree. So take medicine. He has no confidence in my talent, but l really wish to become a civil servant. So, please tell me which course is good for my future and my civil service exam. Please as soon as possible give me an answer. Priya

You can study, graduation in any discipline to become a civil servant in the future. You can study, graduation in arts, science, commerce, engineering, medicine, agriculture etc. to apply for civil service examinations. UPSC is conducting the civil service examinations and it is one of the toughest examinations in India. Civil service examinations are conducted once every year. You have to first clear the Preliminary examinations to appear for the Mains Examinations and finally for Interview. You can choose any degree as per your wish to pursue civil service. You can attend the civil service coaching classes for the preparation. There is no gender difference in civil service examinations.
8th September 2017, 07:38 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

You will lead your career, life and not your parents. So I strongly suggest you to choose the courses which are mostly interested in and based on the skills that you have.

If you are really interested to become a Civil Servant and anxious and willing to take risks and pursue a lot then going for Civil Services is the good option for you.

The basic educational qualification required is Graduation from a recognized university in any discipline. As any discipline is allowed, I suggest you to choose the course based on your interests. All agriculture, B.Sc Zoology and BAMS courses has their own scope in India. As far as my best knowledge is concerned BAMS is best course as far as career opportunities are concerned.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?