31st August 2012, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

How to do LLB if I am a government servant? I am doing BSc

i am B.Sc. my age 39 years. i am government servant. i want to LLB without joining regular college. and hindi language, at odisha state, pi. guide me thanks.

9th October 2012, 01:34 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do LLB if I am a government servant? I am doing BSc

You are doing B.Sc at the age of 39 and want to become pursue LLB after that. I am sorry but this is not possible. The Bar Council of India has made it impossible for candidates like you to pursue LLB.

The Bar Council of India (BCI) has made 30 years age limit for candidates to pursue LLB course. The argument of Bar Council of India is that candidates like yourself who are choosing LLB later are not serious about becoming lawyer. BCI want that candidates who are only interested in LLB as their first career choice to have any advantage.

Therefore it is not possible for you to pursue LLB now. Even through distance education you can not become a lawyer. Although there are some distance education colleges which would still give you admission, but they offer Bachelor of Law degree which is not recognized by the Bar Council of India. This would mean that you will not be able to practice in courts as a lawyer with such degrees.

LLB Eligibility

1. A graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.

2. At least 45 percent marks in graduation.

3. SC/ST candidates need 40 percent marks.

4. The age limit for LLB is 30 years.

5. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

There is another law course called BA LLB which can be taken after 12th. Here too your age is going to be issue. The maximum age limit for this course is 20 years as set by the Bar Council of India.
9th October 2012, 03:07 PM
jal navya

Smile Re: How to do LLB if I am a government servant? I am doing BSc

hello,

as you said that your now 39 years old so very sorry you an,t join the LLB because your age is so old for this.

ELIGIBILITY FOR LLB:-

YOU SHOULD HAVE TO PASSED GRADUATE FROM THE RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY.

YOU SHOULD HAVE TO PADDED GRADUATE WITH MINIMUM 45%.

FOR SC/ST CANDIDATES 40% REQUIRED.

AGE SHOULD BE 30 YEARS FOR GENERAL CANDIDATES.

RELAXATION FOR OBC 3 YEARS AND FOR SC/ST 5 YEARS RELAXATION IN AGE.

so if my opinion then you should have to continue your govt job.

all the best

thank you
24th July 2014, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

I pass L.L.B. Degree in 2000. i wish to practice as a lawyer but not registered in bar council. please suggest to advocate ship profession require formality or exam. My email id is [email protected]
5th October 2017, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

I am 12th science student so after joining police department i applied for bsc course 1st but now I came to know that bsc is cannot be done as an external course.... but mine is distance education so can I continue doing my BSC
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?