13th June 2021, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

What should I study in graduation to become Indian Foreign Service Officer?

I am a studying PUC1[pre university course] in RGUKT. I want to be in Indian Foreign Service Officer. I wanted to know what courses i have to do in order to get into IFS.

15th June 2021, 07:03 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study in graduation to become Indian Foreign Service Officer?

To become an Indian Foreign Service, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination. The eligibility is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years. So, you have to pursue bachelor degree to become eligible for appearing in the examination.

Examination is conducted in three stages. The three stages are - Preliminary, Mains and Personality Test. For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2021, 07:36 PM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What should I study in graduation to become Indian Foreign Service Officer?

Applicant can complete graduation with any specialization but it would be better if one choose BA in relevant subjects.

Applicant should be graduate with any specialization to be eligible for Indian foreign service examination.

Applicant age should be less than 32 years.
Age relaxation is applicable as per government rules.

Applicant's selection will be done through written test, interview and merit list.
15th June 2021, 09:40 PM
Msdhoni02

If you want to become an IFS officer then, of course, Bachelors in Arts would be the best option which you can have. Humanities include subjects such as history, political science, sociology and international relations to which you can have access during your graduation.
15th June 2021, 10:00 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Candidates pursuing bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear for the examination.

So, you can pursue degree in any discipline to become eligible for the examination. The examination is conducted in three stages. Age limit is 21-32 years.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
5th July 2021, 10:36 PM
Singhskomal

Education qualification:- graduate in any discipline with recognized University.
Indian foreign services ( IFS) is unlike civil service as it deals with the country's external affairs, trade and cultural relations.
Age limit :- 21 years to 30 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?