10th April 2014, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Will I leave my M.Tech degree in between and join IES or is there a provision that I can join IES just after completing my Post Graduation?

Hiii...

I am in the final year of my Engineering in Civil from BITS Pilani. I'm planning to give IES exam in June 2015 and also join an IIT through GATE for M.Tech. If I get selected in IES exam, whose result will be out sometime in 2016, am I supposed to leave my M.Tech degree in between and join IES or is there a provision that I can join IES just after completing my Post Graduation the next year?
Kindly explain every possibility in detail...it would be of much help.

15th April 2014, 09:02 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Will I leave my M.Tech degree in between and join IES or is there a provision that I can join IES just after completing my Post Graduation?

You have mentioned that you has complete your master degree in M.Tech. Now you are get the service of IES ( Indian engineering service) which is under civil Service examination. But you have confusion that can you leave the study or not. And is there are any quota are available for complete your M.Tech and then joined to the service.

Now I am clearing your confusion about your question what you have mentioned above. I am very happy to know you that you are now appeared the civil Service examination for the post of IES ( Indian engineering service). Because it is a very top level examination ever in India for appear this examination is not so easy it is very difficult to appear this examination.

But I am sorry to say you that there are no quotas available to leave this post for your continuing your study. But if you join IES ( Indian engineering service) after you can take a long leave for your study after that you can join the IES ( Indian engineering service). But before joining IES ( Indian engineering service) you can not take any leave so my suggestion is for you that don't miss the chance of this post. First join this IES ( Indian engineering service) after that you can take leave for your study.
16th April 2014, 12:02 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I leave my M.Tech degree in between and join IES or is there a provision that I can join IES just after completing my Post Graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hiii...

I am in the final year of my Engineering in Civil from BITS Pilani. I'm planning to give IES exam in June 2015 and also join an IIT through GATE for M.Tech. If I get selected in IES exam, whose result will be out sometime in 2016, am I supposed to leave my M.Tech degree in between and join IES or is there a provision that I can join IES just after completing my Post Graduation the next year?
Kindly explain every possibility in detail...it would be of much help.

Hey friend,

IES exam stands for Indian Engineering Service

The IES Exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and this exam is conducted every year for candidate is selected for candidate to join in Indian Engineering Organizations.

You can get into this exam by your UG degree itself or you could complete your post graduation and then apply,so as per this you can apply for the exam as per the Education qualification of yours.

Education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate must have completed a Degree in Engineering/Technology in:

• Civil Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Electronics Engineering

The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate must have completed 21-30 years of age for General category candidate,the candidate who is from SC/ST category should have 21-35 years and for OBC candidate it is 21-33 years.

Nationality standard needed for the exam is that the candidate must have a Citizenship in India.

SELECTION PROCEDURE:

>> Written Test
>> Personality Test.

PATTERN FOR IES Exam:

For more information regarding the exam you can get at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st April 2021, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

i am currently in mtech. 2nd semester in VIT VELLORE.I got an offer letter form an Australian university. Now, i want to leave my mtech. So, what is the process of leaving mtech.
19th October 2021, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

I am preparing for cse 2022 and also i took admission in mtech this year july 2021 so will i be eligible for mains next year... or can i leave metch in the middle in case if I get selected in prelims?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?