22nd December 2011, 01:44 PM
kiranies

Should I join any correspondence course or any institute for IES preparations in Kakinada (AP)?

Sir,i'm student of 3rd b.tech (mech) from kakinada(andhra pradesh) interested in appearing "engineering services exam".now i want 2 join ies coaching but there is no coaching centre here in kakinada & only coaching centre v have is "gateforum".
But they doesnot give ies coaching but only gate coaching. I have an aggregate of 76% till now .i want ur suggestion to overcome my problem . Can i prepare from the postal course provided by various institutions?? Plz help me out sir,i'm in a great confusion about what to do now?? Also i want to know is there any commonalities among ies & gate in terms of syllabus etc.?? Eagerly waiting 4 ur reply sir..

Thank u sir....

29th August 2012, 04:49 AM
shashimaharana

Default Re: Should I join any correspondence course or any institute for IES preparations in Kakinada (AP)?

Hello IES aspirant,

The first thing to be kept in mind is not to step on two boats at the same time. If you are exceptional in your studies then only study for ies and engineering at the same time.

As you do not have coaching institute in your city do take admission through correspondence. IES and gate are not the same things. One is for engineering services and other for research admission.

Postal course is the only choice left for you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?