2nd June 2016, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Admission criteria, list of colleges and procedure to get admission in Medical colleges of India for a Bangladeshi student?

I am a Bangladeshi student and wish to get admission in Medical College in India but have no idea about the procedure. So, can anyone please provide me the detailed information regarding the admission criteria and the list of colleges. I have scored GPA 5 in Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in H.Sc examination. Please provide me the information in detail. Waiting eagerly for your information.

Related Questions:
  1. Details of MBBS admission process for Bangladeshi students in government/private medical colleges of India?
  2. Admission in Medical Colleges of India if I am a Bangladeshi student?
  3. How a Bangladeshi student can get direct admission in Medical colleges of India? Admission process, course duration and total cost involved?
  4. How can a Bangladeshi Student get admission in Medical Colleges in India for MBBS degree?
  5. What is the admission procedure to be followed for a Bangladeshi student to get seat in medical college at Kolkata?
  6. List of medical colleges in Rajasthan? Fee structure and number of intake of students? Eligibility criteria for admission in the colleges?
  7. List of medical colleges(MBBS) Gujarat? Procedure for admission?
  8. Can I get admission in medical colleges being a Bangladeshi?
  9. List of private medical colleges in India? What is their minimum fee structure along with the admission procedure? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. List of best colleges in Vancouver? What is the admission procedure to be followed?
  11. Eligibility to study MBBS in Indian government Medical colleges for Bangladeshi student? Requirements to apply for it? Is there any Non-Indian student quota?
  12. How may I get admission forms of AIIMS or other colleges in Delhi before visiting India? I am a foreign student and applying for student visa
  13. How can I take admission in medical college in India? I am a Bangladeshi Student
  14. Procedure to study MBBS in AIIMS with scholarship for Bangladeshi candidate?
  15. List of Government affiliated colleges which offer Bachelor of Physiotherapy in India? Procedure to get admission?
  16. Procedure to apply in government medical colleges? List of good medical colleges?
  17. Is there any foreign quota in medical colleges? Fee structure and procedure for admission?
  18. Names of medical colleges in India which take admission without domicile certificate or college which dont take domicile? Which are the good private college with less fee structure?
27th February 2023, 12:10 AM
NaubiShah

Default Re: Admission criteria, list of colleges and procedure to get admission in Medical colleges of India for a Bangladeshi student?

As a foreign student, you would need to follow a slightly different admission process compared to Indian students. Here is the general admission process for foreign students in Indian medical colleges:

Eligibility Criteria: As per the Medical Council of India (MCI), foreign students must have completed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as mandatory subjects. The candidate must have scored at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology in their qualifying exam.

Entrance Exam: All medical colleges in India require students to appear for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The exam is conducted once a year in May and students are required to score the minimum qualifying percentile to be eligible for admission. For foreign students, NEET is the only entrance exam that is recognized for admission to Indian medical colleges.

Application Process: After clearing NEET, foreign students need to apply to individual medical colleges separately. The application process generally involves submitting an online application form, along with the required documents, and paying the application fee.

Counselling: Once the application process is complete, the colleges will release a merit list of eligible candidates. Foreign students are usually required to appear for online counselling, which involves choosing a college and a course from the available options.

Admission Process: After counselling, students who have been allocated a seat need to report to the respective college with all the required documents and pay the admission fee.

Here is a list of top medical colleges in India:
  • All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
  • Christian Medical College (CMC)
  • Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)
  • Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC)
  • Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER)
  • Kasturba Medical College (KMC)
  • King George's Medical University (KGMU)
  • Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC)
  • St. John's Medical College (SJMC)
  • Grant Medical College (GMC)
  • Please note that this is not an exhaustive list and there are many other good medical colleges in India.

I would recommend you to contact the colleges directly to get more information about the admission process and eligibility criteria for foreign students.

~Regards
Naubahar Shah
BBA, M.Com, NET Qualified
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?