23rd March 2014, 06:18 PM
SIVAKRTK

Admission for Physics honours at premier colleges/institutions?

I am curently doing 12th PCM. I want to pursue graduation in Physics from premier colleges/institutions. Kindly give the admission procedures for the same and also career oppurtunities for Physics graduates/postgraduates.

8th April 2014, 08:43 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Admission for Physics honours at premier colleges/institutions?

Hello dear friend i would like to tell you about your specific question .First off all you need to know that different colleges and universities have different eligibility criteria for admission for example:In Delhi university you need to have a total of 60% marks weight age in physics chemistry and maths and also you should have obtained an overall percentage of 75% in all of your subjects in 12th and then there is an entrance exam for students then they select students on the basis of their merit.But in some top colleges of India you need to obtain 90% marks in 12th.

Now talking about the job opportunities first of all you can easily become a physics teacher moving further you can become a physicist,also you can become a energy policy researcher,there is a scope in process engineering .

Also you can be appointed as a lab analyst ,you can go in the field of laser and optics,space science,acoustics,material science.And you can even become a self employer if you have the capability.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?