27th June 2015, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

Admission procedure and eligibility to study Bachelor of Library Science for 12th Science student?

Hello everyone,
Kindly let me know how to join in Bachelor of Library Science.
I have completed my 12th Science and I want to study
this Bachelor's Degree. Please tell me what is the eligibility
and the process for admission.

Related Questions:
  1. List of colleges which offer Bachelor of Library Science across India? Procedure to appear in entrance exam?
  2. Application procedure for Bachelor of Library information science through distance learning? Fee details, duration and last date to submit the form for the same?
  3. Bachelor of Library Science is available in IGNOU Aizawl?
  4. Course detail and fee for Bachelor of Library Science? Eligibility for the same?
  5. Procedure and eligibility to get admission to study PhD in Library and Information Science?
  6. Eligibility to study Bachelor of Physiotherapy course for 12th Science student? Entrance exam to get admission?
  7. Detailed admission procedure and eligibility to study Part Time PhD in Library Science in Periyar University for a State Government Employee?
  8. Possibility to study Bachelor of Arts for Master of Library & Information Science candidate?
  9. How many fields are there in BSc? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Am I eligible to study Bachelor of Library Science if completed B.Com 8 years ago?
  11. Job oriented courses in Graduation for 12th Biology student?
  12. Procedure to get admission for M.Phil in Library Science? List of Universities offering this course in Distance Learning?
  13. Universities offering Ph.d in library and information science and procedure of admission?
  14. Idea about undergraduate courses available after 12th Science?
  15. How can I get admission to study Bachelor of Physical Education after completing 12th Science?
  16. How to join BSc Library science in distance after completing bachelor degree? What is the duration of the course and fee structure?
  17. Eligibility to study Bachelor's Degree in Food Science for 12th Commerce student?
  18. Course details and fees for doing Bachelor of Library Science & Information through distance mode?
29th June 2015, 07:33 PM
mwh

Default Re: Admission procedure and eligibility to study Bachelor of Library Science for 12th Science student?

After 12th class you are not eligible for bachelors in library science.
Those who have pursued a bachelors degree in any discipline can join this course.
Bachelors in library science is a 1 year course.
You can apply for masters in library science also.this a 1 year course.
So,after bachelors in any course only, you can apply for bachelors in library science.
30th June 2015, 02:01 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Admission procedure and eligibility to study Bachelor of Library Science for 12th Science student?

The eligibility criteria is the marks that you have obtained in your Class 12 Board Examination.
The eligibility criteria varies from University to University but in general the demand is anywhere between 60%-70% aggregate marks in the Class 12 Examination.
If your aggregate marks is higher or within this category you must fill up the online admission forms of the colleges where you are interested in studying at once and you will be eligible for admission to the course of Bachelor of Library Science.
30th June 2015, 02:37 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Library Science;

> Candidate shuld have completed their graduation with a minimum of 50% from a recognized University.

> Candidates with Science background are mostly preferred.

Admission procedure:

Some prominent college do conduct their own entrance examination in order to choose top class candidates for the course. Qualified candidates will however get their hall tickets for the entrance examination. Admission however, strictly depends upon the percentage of marks scored in the entrance examination.

Selected candidates will however be notified by the Institutes of their admission.

NOTE: You can also flll up the form for the respective Institute online of offline, but do make sure not to make any mistakes as simple mistakes shall also not be overlooked.
30th June 2015, 12:22 PM
krroshan.amar

If you want to make your career in Education Sector then lots of job opportunities are waiting for them In Library segment.

Courses offered in LIS (Library and Information Science) are

Certificate course in Library and Information science (CLISc or CLIB) Eligibility 10+2
Diploma course in Library and Information Science (DLISC or DLIB) Eligibility 10+2
Bachelor in Library and information science (BLISC or B.LIB) Eligibility Graduate in any discipline from recognized University
Master in Library and information Science (MLISC or M.LIB) Eligibility BLISc or B.LIB from recognized University
M.Phil in Library and Information science Eligibility MLISC or M.LIB from recognized University
Ph.D in library and Information Science Eligibility MLISC from recognized University

Since you want to obtain Bachelor degree in Library Science then first of all you will have to obtain Bachelor degree in from any subject. Duration for this course is 1 year. There are around 80 university offering degree in field of Library and Information Science. There are large number of colleges which offer these degree through distance Learning Programme.

Colleges offering Bachelor in Library Science are:

Alagappa University, Karaikudi
Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
Allahabad University
Annamalai University, Annamalainagar
Awadhesh Pratap Singh University, Rewa
Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
Bundelkhand University, Jhansi
Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore
Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar University, Agra
Dr. Harisingh Gour Viswavidyalaya, Sagar
Gulbarga University, Gulbarga
Guru Ghasidas University, Bilaspur
Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
Dr. Harisingh Gour University, Sagar
HNB Garhwal University Srinagar - Garhwal
Jadavpur University, Calcutta
Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
Jiwaji University, Gwalior
Karnatak University, Dharwad
Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
Nagpur University, Nagpur
North Eastern Hill University, Shillong
Pandit Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur
Panjab University, Chandigarh
Patna University, Patna
Punjabi University, Patiala
Rani Durgavati Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur
18th September 2017, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

Can engineering student can pursue bachelor of library and information science
20th September 2017, 03:23 PM
Madison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can engineering student can pursue bachelor of library and information science
Dear student,
You can surely apply for Bachelor in Library and Information Science being a engineering student.
Those students who have completed graduation in any discipline are qualified to apply for BLIS.
In different colleges marks requirements is different but generally it ranges from 55-60% for admission.
Entrance tests are also held by some colleges and the rank decides the list of the students for admission.
Generally there is no clause on age of the students.
After BLIS you will have two options- first get employed in any college, university, national, state library or can move further towards master degree in library science.
15th October 2017, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

What is the curse in librarian science after graduation and how we admission in this college entrance or mark selection?
7th December 2017, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

Admission procedure and eligibility to study Bachelor of Library Science for 12th arts student? Hello sir/madam, Kindly let me know how to join in Bachelor of Library Science.
I have completed my 12th arts and I want to study
this Bachelor's Degree. Please tell me what is the eligibility
and the process for admission.
24th May 2018, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed my graduation but marks are less than 50%. Am I eligible for diploma in library science,??
8th February 2019, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

Sir if we do diploma in library science then we get direct admission in bachelor in library science without doing any graduation in another subject.
3rd April 2019, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

I am bachelor of arts now i want to make my carrier like a librarian for this what should i do?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?