26th August 2014, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

Advice regarding B.A(Hons.) Geography

Sir, I'm a student of Class XII and I'd be clearing my 10 2 in around May 2012. I've not been interested in any of the medical or engineering stuff and that's due to my obsessive fascination with this subject called "Geography"!

Now, I'd like you to know that I'll complete my 10 2 via the J&K Board of School Education. Technically speaking; I'll be able to get an admission to any of the colleges in my state. And I want to pursue an Honours Degree, more specifically a B.A(Hons.) Degree.

Now, the colleges offer an Honours Degree in many subjects like English etc. but NOT Geography. I repeat...NOT Geography. That makes me no place to look for in my state. Now, I've known that a lot of colleges around North India offer an Honours in Geography. And here lies my question...

Can I get into any of the college outside my state that offers an Honours in Geography. Since the colleges of another state would be affiliated to some other university, would that make me ineligible for pursuing any degree there? I remember that one of my uncles told me that you can't straight away go to Panjab University's affiliated colleges for study. You are a resident of J&K. If that is true; then that'd mean that I can't even DO my desired degree and that'd be kind of suicidal for me as I mentioned that Geography is obsessive to me!

I really and desperately need advice regarding this query. I don't want to waste a single day of my life and I'd be so much thankful to you for the related advice that you can't imagine how much blessings I'll give you...
Even a little act of kindness from you could mean the WORLD to me...

Please let me know any advice and also; please email me the same on the address below...

[email protected]

1st January 2015, 10:31 PM
Rahul9596

Default Re: Advice regarding B.A(Hons.) Geography

Actually Geography Honors is in two pathways:
Geography BA(Hons)
Geography BSc(Hons)

There is no more difference in first year subjects, they are same but in second year you can choose BA Hons or B.Sc Hons.

Duration: 3 years

There are many scope after this course such as:
Planning assistant
Business support officer, fisheries
GIS technician
Trainee field controller
Project manager

As you told about Punjab university than I want to tell you you can apply for the admission there, there is Hons in this field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?