12th August 2015, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for AIIMS MBBS entrance exam if secured 50% in 12th PCB?

Hello,
Will I be eligible for apply in AIIMS MBBS entrance exam as I have scored exact 50% in my 12th PCB? Please let me know about this asap.

13th August 2015, 07:24 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for AIIMS MBBS entrance exam if secured 50% in 12th PCB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Will I be eligible for apply in AIIMS MBBS entrance exam as I have scored exact 50% in my 12th PCB? Please let me know about this asap.
Yes, you are eligible for AIIMS MBBS entrance exam.

Candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for AIIMS exam but your 12th standard subject are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For SC/ST candidates this percentage is reduced to 40%.

Your age should be in between 17 to 26 years.

Best books for AIIMS exam:-

AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam
by
Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

MTG Chapterwise Explorer: 18 Years AIIMS chapeterwise solution Physics, Chemistry & Biology (1994-2011)
by
MTG Editorial Board
Publisher: MTG Learning Media (P) Ltd.

AIIMS: Topic-Wise Solved Papers With 1 Mock Test (1997-2012)
by
Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication
13th August 2015, 08:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for AIIMS MBBS entrance exam if secured 50% in 12th PCB?

You need 60% marks in physics, chemistry, biology and English subjects to become eligible for AIIMS PMT if you belong to reserved category.

For reserved category candidates there is relaxation and they need 50% marks. Hence, you will be eligible if you belong to reserved category.
13th August 2015, 10:40 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

The eligibility criteria for AIIMS is as follows :

* The candidate must have completed his education from a recognized university under the scheme of 10+2 at least with a combination of Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 12th.

* The candidate must have possessed at least 65% marks in the 12th.

* The candidate must have attained an age of 17 years at the time of admission.

If you fulfill the above said criteria then you can definitely go for AIIMS.
14th August 2015, 12:37 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

AIIMS stands for the All India Institute of Medical Science. There is a separate entrance examination for undergraduate course in medical science like MBBS.

Eligibility criteria for AIIMS entrance exam:

~~You must have done 10+2 from central government or state government recognized board or its equivalent with compulsory subjects as Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

~~Minimum percentage of marks required in 10+2 in PCM along with English is 60% for general and OBC candidates and for SC/ST candidate it is 50% only.

So, if you are from general category or OBC then you are not eligible for AIIMS entrance exam. You can only apply if you belong to SC/ST category as you have only 50% marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?