29th May 2015, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IPS if I have completed my graduation and my age is 24 years?

Respected Sir/Mam,
I completed graduation,but my age 24. I completed HSC in 2009 and stop collage because no many but i star collage again and completed graduation .Am I eligible to apply for IPS? Please help me to know about the information on this.

29th May 2015, 09:27 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IPS if I have completed my graduation and my age is 24 years?

Yes of course, you are eligible to apply for IPS examination.

IPS i.e Indian Police Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year. This year notification has been already released. Last date for receipt of application is 19th June 2015.

-You should have completed degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.
-You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years as on 1st August year of examination.
-Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories.
-Three years relaxation is applicable for OBC categories.
-Five years relaxation is applicable for SC/ST categories.

More details, visit the official website: www.upsc.gov.in
29th May 2015, 09:37 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IPS if I have completed my graduation and my age is 24 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Mam,
I completed graduation,but my age 24. I completed HSC in 2009 and stop collage because no many but i star collage again and completed graduation .Am I eligible to apply for IPS? Please help me to know about the information on this.

Indian Police Service (IPS) is one of Civil service post. To join in this post you need to write the Civil service exam conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and is held every year. There are eligibility criteria's which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the exam and it includes such as:
  • Nationality
  • Age Limit
  • Educational Qualification
  • Physical Standard

-> The nationality standard needed is citizenship in India

-> Age limit needed for General category candidate is 21-30 years

-> There are relaxation for other category candidates such as for SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years

-> Educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed degree in any stream from a recognized university.

-> Even final year appearing candidate can also apply for the exam.

-> Candidate should be physically fit.

The candidate who satisfies all these above criteria is eligible for applying.

For more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th May 2015, 09:49 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

IPS stands for Indian Police services, IPS is one of the most prestigious services in India. The Eligibility criteria for the IPS Exam is given below.

Eligibility to apply for IPS Exam.

* The candidate must be an Indian
* The candidate must have completed hie/her graduation with minimum 50% of Marks.
* Age of Candidate must be between 21 to 30 years.

If you meet the above eligibility criteria then you can apply for IPS Entrance Exam. You can apply for IPS Exam, because you have the above eligibility criteria and also have age limit to apply.
30th May 2015, 12:14 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Mam,
Yes, you are eligible for IPS exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Optional subjects:-

Agriculture, Management, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Mathematics, Anthropology, Mechanical Engineering, Botany,Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics,Commerce & Accountancy, Political, Science & International Relations, Economics, Psychology, Electrical Engineering , Public,Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian History, Zoology, Law.

Mains subjects:-

Arabic, Gujarati, Manipuri, Sanskrit, Assamese, Hindi, Nepali, Sindhi, Bengali, Kannada, Oriya, Tamil, Chinese, Kashmiri, Pali, Telugu, English, Konkani, Persian, Urdu, French, Marathi, Punjabi, German, Malayalam, Russian.
30th May 2015, 08:37 PM
pjgp

Yes, you are eligible for IPS Examination the minimum eligibility for IPS Is graduation from recognised university.
Age limit should be 21 to 30 years.
Age relaxation of 3years for OBC and 5 years for sc/st.
Candidate should be physically and mentally it.
Upsc conduct IAS exam every year by this exam candidates are eligible for IPS.
So for information log in to http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th June 2015, 05:25 PM
parnel
Junior Member+

1.First of all you check with the eligibility criteria of the IPS officer so that you will get the clear idea about it

Eligibility criteria for IPS Officer is:-

-->Candidate age must be between 21- 30 years(Age relaxation of 3 years for BC Candidates and 5 years for SC/St Candidates),
-->Candidate must have completed his/her graduation course from the recognized University,

Special requirements:-

-->Height of the candidate must be 165 cm for men and 150 cm for women (Height relaxation of 5 cm for men and women of SC/ST candidates),
-->Minimum chest girth for men is 84 cm and for women is 79 cm.Expansion of 5cm for both men and women.

2.Considering you, your qualification and age is alright no problem with them.

3.So please also check with the below mentioned special requirements also.

4.If you met with special requirements too then you are eligible for this IPS post.

Hope this information is helpful to you....................
1st October 2015, 12:00 AM
vinoth1921

Yes, You are eligible for writing the Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC.

-->UPSC conducts many exams like Civil Service(IAS/ IPS/ IFS etc.) for Civil service aspirants.

-->Eligibility
-Citizen of India
-Should be a Graduate
-Age Limit - 21-30 yrs
-Some post require Physical qualifications.
Height -165 cm for men ,150 cm for women
Minimum chest girth-84 cm for men, 79 cm for women.

-->Examination Process
-Preliminary Exam
-Main Written Exam
-Interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?