2nd April 2019, 01:58 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply in UPSC-IPS exam being a BCom final year student? Selection procedure of IPS Officer?

Respected Sir, I am a BCom student who is at present in a final year of Graduation. I am having 68% in my Graduation till 2nd year and I want to know that am I eligible or not to apply for the UPSC-IPS recruitment exam? Kindly let me know about the selection process as well for the IPS Officer.

8th April 2019, 12:21 PM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply in UPSC-IPS exam being a BCom final year student? Selection procedure of IPS Officer?

Am I eligible to apply in UPSC-IPS exam being a BCom final year student? Selection procedure of IPS Officer?

Yes, you can certainly apply for the UPSC-IPS examination.

The minimum educational criteria is that candidate should have a bachelor degree from an Indian University or an equivalent qualification.

Those who are in their final year of a degree course can also appear in the Preliminary Examination taken every year by UPSC.

The minimum age required to apply for the examination is 21 years. However, the maximum age should not be more than 32 years.
8th April 2019, 12:25 PM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply in UPSC-IPS exam being a BCom final year student? Selection procedure of IPS Officer?

Yes, you can certainly apply for the UPSC-IPS examination.

The minimum eligibility to apply for UPSC examination is graduation. You must be a graduate from a recognized university. Those who are in their final year of graduation can also apply.

The minimum age required is 21 years. However, the maximum age should not be more than 32 years. Age relaxation is offered to the candidates reserved categories.
8th April 2019, 04:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, those who have a degree or in the final year of the degree course can surely apply for the UPSC civil services exam. The recruitment process is very long and it will take at least one year to get an appointment. Hence, if you ready to get the degree in the next few months then surely they will accept you.

Just make sure you have a degree from UGC recognized university only. Selection will be on merit through written exam and interview.
8th April 2019, 04:11 PM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can certainly apply for the UPSC-IPs examination. However, you would need to submit your final year mark sheet at the time of Joining.

:-You must have 55% in graduation from a recognized university.
:-You must have attained the age of 21 years.
:-The maximum age is 32 years. Age relaxation is offered to reserve categories.

The selection procedure would be Preliminary examination , Mains and than you would need to face the Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?