20th September 2011, 09:39 PM
tirthrajvk

Procedure to become an IPS officer? Difference between IPS and UPSC entrance exam?

Hiiii
Myself Tirthraj
Appearing Third year B.com
I want to become an ips officer but what is the procedure and wat is the difference between IPS and UPSC entrance exam. I am confused wat to appear for after my graduation

28th December 2011, 11:29 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become an IPS officer? Difference between IPS and UPSC entrance exam?

The Indian Police Service Exam is part of the Civil Services Exam conducted by the UPSC.
For getting selected to the IPS, Candidate should appear for IPS exam and meet the physical and other requirements as mandated. Minimum age is 21 years and maximum age is 30 years. Minimum educational qualification is a graduate degree in any discipline or an equivalent qualification from recognized institution.
30th December 2011, 07:28 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become an IPS officer? Difference between IPS and UPSC entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirthrajvk View Post
Hiiii
Myself Tirthraj
I want to become an ips officer but what is the procedure and wat is the difference between IPS and UPSC entrance exam. I am confused wat to appear for after my graduation
Dont Confuse because to become IPS Officer you have to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination and this examination is Conducted by UPSC Every year.

UPSC conducts Various examinations Like Civil services, IES, IFS, NDA, SCRA, CDS and Many Other Examinations.

IPS stands for Indian Police Services and to become IPS Officer you have to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination.

To apply for this examination, You Have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University, Final year appearing candidates are also apply for this examination.

But for this your age should between 21 to 30 Years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

General candidates will gets only 4 chances to cracked this examination, OBC Candidates will gets 7 Chances and No Limits for SC/ST Candidates.

The examination is Conducted in 2 stages , Preliminary examination and Main examination.

Firstly you have to cracked the Preliminary examination and then you are appear for Main examination. preliminary examination is Objective and there are 2 papers in this examination and all are conducted in same day, Those who selected in Preliminary examination are Eligible for Main examination.

Main examination is Descriptive and there are 9 Papers in this examination and You have to choose the Optional Subjects on the basis of Graduation.

Those who are Interested in this examination May fill the Civil services application form after 04/Feb/2012.

The Last date of apply for this examination 05/March/2012

Preliminary examination Date : 20/May/2012.

So, please wait for the Notification and then apply for this examination Online and for more information check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in
30th December 2011, 08:05 PM
jeo-rocks

For become a IPS [INDIAN POLICE SERVICE] officer, you must have to clear the UPSC examination, as usually known as CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATIONS .
This civil service examination has three stages to clear,
1. CSAT
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW..

The minimum educational requirement for appear in this examination is a graduation degree from a recognized college in any stream..

The age limit for this examination is 21-30 years for the general candidates , 21-33 years for the OBC candidates & 21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates..

OPTIONAL SUBJECTS-

EXAM PATTERN-

THANK YOU!!!
30th December 2011, 08:39 PM
Hours

IPS exam is part of Civil service exam and exam is conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility criteria for IPS exam:

graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university.

Age should be between
21 to 30 years for General category candidates
21to 33 year for OBC category candidates
21 to 35 years for SC/ST category candidates

Number of attempts:
4 attempts for General category candidates.
7 attempts for Obc category candidates
14 attempts for SC/ST category candidates

• Physical qualification for IPS
• Height
o For Men : 165 cm
o For Women :150 cm
o OBC /SC/ST : Male - 160 cm and Female :145 cm

• Chest
Minimum requirement - male candidates is 84cm +5cm
female- is 79cm+5cm

• Eye Sight
eyes should also be healthy
30th December 2011, 11:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hiiii
Myself Tirthraj

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC exam.Under UPSc there is several Exam like IAS , IPS ,IES ,IFS ,NDA ,SCRA .

So i think you have gain the idea for the difference between IPS and UPSC.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.
31st December 2011, 02:13 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hiiii
Myself Tirthraj
HI,
I.P.S stand for Indian Police Service
U.P.S.C stand for Union Public Service Commission.

Yes you can appear for I.P.S exam after passing graduation.

I.A.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last Date of receipt of form:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:- 20.05.2012(SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM., 2012
Date of exam:- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)

ALL THE BEST!
4th January 2012, 07:28 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Procedure to become an IPS officer? Difference between IPS and UPSC entrance exam?

Hi

IPS is the Indian Police Services and it is a part of the Indian Government. Now to become an IPS office, you have to sit for the IPS entrance exam which is organized and conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

So the IPS is a government body for Civil Defense whereas the UPSC is also a government body but it is responsible for holding all the Class 1 officers entrance exams like IAS, IPS, NDA, Civil Services, SCRA, etc...

Hope the difference is clear to you.

Now I am going to provide in detail about how to become an IPS officer.

Firstly, The Basic Eligibility Criteria's to apply for IPS are : :

1. You should be a minimum graduate in any stream from a recognized college or university to apply for this exam.

2. You must have scored a minimum 50% aggregate in your graduation. A relaxation of 5% is provided in the aggregate for the SC/ST/OBC's.

3. Your age should be within 21-30 years if you are a GEN candidate. Otherwise 33 is the limit for the OBC and 35 years is the limit for the SC/ST.

4. You would be given 4 attempts, OBC's would be given 7, and the SC/ST would be allowed unlimited attempts.

5. You should be physically fit, though no physical test is being taken at the time of recruitment.

Once you sit for the exam, you would have to give the Prelims and the Mains.

This is also called CSAT - Civil Services Aptitude Test

-> The Prelims mainly would question you in the General Aptitude, Current Affairs/Events,Science and Technology, Economy and sports of National and International importance

-> If you clear the Prelims, then you would be called for the Mains exam in which you would be questioned from your core graduation stream.

-> For 2011, the exams are over, Please keep visiting the sites mentioned below to get the Notifications of CSAT 2012.

-> If you wish to know more about the IPS exam and receive notifications, Please Click Here to visit the official website of the UPSC.

-> If you want to see last years IPS papers, Please Click Here

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
4th January 2012, 10:25 PM
SAMRAT2011
Member+

Dear friend,
UPSC stands for Union Public service commission.And IPS stands for Indian Police Service.
IPS exam conducted by Union Public service commission.

♦Eligibility criteria for IPS exam.

•Age limits :

21-30 years for General Candidates(4 attempts)
21-33 years for OBC candidates (7 attempts)
21-35 for SC/ST candidates(No limit).

•Attempts

Maximum 4 times for General candidates.
Maximum 7 times for OBc candidates.
No limit for Sc/st candidates.

•Educational Qualifications :

Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university.

•Nationality :
Candidates nationality should be Indian.

♦Exam Pattern

•Preliminary Examination
•Main Examination
•Interview Test

All the best.
21st January 2012, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

what is use of ncc c cirtificate in upsc interview test
25th March 2012, 01:03 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
IPS-INDIAN POLICE SERVICE exam is conducted by the UPSC(UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION). So there is no differenciation between there two just upsc is conducting the exams like ips, ias, nda etc.

Eligibility criteria:

Graduation from any recognised university.

Candidate should be a citizen of india.

Age limit is 21 to 30years.

There is an age relaxation for the reserved candidates.

For more details visit the website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
18th September 2014, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

im Computer Science And Engineering student....can i get optional subject which related for my degree..?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?