1st October 2015, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to reappear if failed in JEE Advanced?

Friends,
I have passed my 12th Science with 84% in PCM. I have attend JEE Main and Advanced. But I have failed in JEE Advanced. Now I want to reappear in JEE Advanced. Am I eligible for appearing?

7th October 2015, 06:46 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to reappear if failed in JEE Advanced?

Yes, you can reappear in JEE Advanced Examination even after failing in JEE Advanced Examination. A maximum of two times is allowed in JEE Advanced Examination. So a candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) Examination a maximum of 2 times and that too in the consecutive years. So if you have appeared for JEE Advanced Examination in year 2015, you can reappear in JEE Advanced Examination in the year 2016. So you are eligible to reappear in the JEE Advanced Examination even after failing once in the JEE Main and JEE Advanced Examination.

@ Maximum Number of Attempts Allowed - 2 attempts (In consecutive years only)
7th October 2015, 09:05 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to reappear in JEE Main and Advanced examination even if you have not qualified in your first attempt. Every candidate has three attempts that too in three consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard for appearing in JEE Main examination and two attempts that too in two consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard for appearing in JEE Advanced examination. Since, you have not qualified in JEE Main examination this year, you need to qualify JEE Main next year to be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination.
7th October 2015, 09:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Friends,
I have passed my 12th Science with 84% in PCM. I have attend JEE Main and Advanced. But I have failed in JEE Advanced. Now I want to reappear in JEE Advanced. Am I eligible for appearing?
Yes, you can reappear for JEE advanced exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Advanced exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. You can apply consecutively for 3 years. Candidates who have secured top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?