27th January 2019, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study BUMS if haven't studied Biology in 12th?

Respected Sur/Madam, I have completed my 12th with PCM stream. I am interested to study BUMS course. I haven't studied Biology in my 12th standard. So, am I eligible to study BUMS course? Please help me to know about this asap.

3rd February 2019, 09:43 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study BUMS if haven't studied Biology in 12th?

No, you are not eligible to apply for BUMS if haven't studied biology in 12th. According to Minimum Eligibility criteria for BUMS,
Candidates should have passed 10+2 with physics, Chemistry and biology.
3rd February 2019, 12:57 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sur/Madam, I have completed my 12th with PCM stream. I am interested to study BUMS course. I haven't studied Biology in my 12th standard. So, am I eligible to study BUMS course? Please help me to know about this asap.

Sorry, you are not eligible to study BUMS if you haven’t studied Biology in 12th standard. Candidates must have passed 10+2 or intermediate with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects with at least 50% marks from a recognized board are eligible to study BUMS course. Candidates are admitted to the BUMS course through an entrance test. Duration of the BUMS course is 4 years and 6 months + 1 year internship. Therefore, you are not eligible to study BUMS without studying Biology in 12th standard.
3rd February 2019, 09:54 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

BUMS stands for Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery. As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to get admission in Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery after completing 12th class without Biology subject.

The basic eligibility required to enter in Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery course, the candidate should have passed 12th class in science stream with PCB subjects from a recognized board of education. The duration of Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery course is three years.
4th February 2019, 07:18 AM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

As far as I know that the basic educational qualification required to pursue Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery (BUMS) course is a pass in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 examination in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized college or university.

The students who have studied the language Urdu in 12th class or having proficiency in Urdu language are given the preference in admission.
At the time of admission, the student should have attained a minimum age of 17 years.
BUMS course is duration of 5 and half years (includind 1 year internship program)
4th February 2019, 05:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, you will not be eligible for BUMS if you have not studied Biology in your class 12th. PCB is the absolutely compulsory to get admission in any medical course in India.

Hence, you need to make sure that you have got PCB stream in your class 12th with at least 50% marks. Admission will be on the basis of entrance exam and seats are allotted based on your rank.
5th September 2020, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study BUMS but I got 25% in 12th. But I got less than 50 marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
6th September 2020, 07:29 PM
Am shaikh

Am i eligible to study BUMS . I got 25% in 12th. But I got less than 50 marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?