27th January 2016, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study Biotechnology if haven't studied Biology in +2?

I am studying in the +2 physics chemistry and maths and computer science and now I want to know that am i eligible to study bio technology?

27th January 2016, 02:58 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study Biotechnology if haven't studied Biology in +2?

The eligibility criteria for Biotechnology engineering:

1. Candidate must have completed 10+2 or appearing for board exams.

2. You must have following subject combination either PCB with English or PCM with English.

3. Minimum of 50% marks is required to be eligible for course.

You are eligible for Biotechnology course.
27th January 2016, 03:33 PM
kantraman

Default Re: Am I eligible to study Biotechnology if haven't studied Biology in +2?

Yes you are eligible for biotechnology if your subject combination in 12th are PCB( physics, chemistry and biology).But your marks should be 60%.
27th January 2016, 03:46 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

Yes you can take admission in Biotechnology field, whether you are not selected biology subject in your intermediate. You can take admission in B.Sc Biotechnology course after completion of your intermediate with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics subjects. But if had done your intermediate with Biology subject than you can get admission in B.tech course of biotechnology. And now without biology subject you are eligible for the B.SC Biotechnology course and than further you can do M.Sc Biotechnology next to B.Sc.
27th January 2016, 04:00 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Yes.You are eligible for biotechnology engineering course after completion of 12th with PCM as a main subjects.

Best Colleges For Biotechnology Engineering
- R.V.College of Engineering , Bangalore
- University of Mumbai
- Amity University
- BMS College of Engineering , Bangalore
- Jaypee University
- University of Pune
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Maharishi Markandeshwar University
- University of Hyderabad

Top Recruiters
- Hindustan Lever Ltd
- Bincon India Ltd
- Thapar Group
- Hindustan Antibiotics
- National Chemical Laboratories
- IDPL
- Bivcol
27th January 2016, 08:01 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to study Biotechnology after having studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 10+2.

Biotechnology is an undergraduate course which deals with the study of Biology with the combination of technology. It is a three year duration course divided into six semesters .

Eligibility criteria for admission in B.Sc. in Biotechnology are as under :-

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 with Mathematics/Biology, Physics, Chemistry, with minimum 60% marks in aggregate from any State board or CBSE/ICSE. The candidate appearing for HSC (10+2) Examination can also apply for the course.
27th January 2016, 08:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying in the +2 physics chemistry and maths and computer science and now I want to know that am i eligible to study bio technology?
You have completed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics so you are eligible for B.Tech/B.E course in Biotechnology.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics and Physics are eligible for Biotechnology course.

Your age should be above 17 years.
28th January 2016, 02:37 PM
pariyo ki rani
Member+

Yes,of course you are eligible for Biotechnology course if you choose physics,chemistry,math as a main subjects in 12th standard.

You can get admission into B.Tech courses in which Biotechnology is also included.

but if you get admission into top most engineering colleges,you must cleared the entrance exams.

eligibility for entrance exam:-

Age is not less than 17 years and not more than 21 years.

candidate must passed 12th with physics,chemistry,math as a main subject
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?