10th February 2016, 07:41 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to study Biology in 12th for being eligible for NDA?

Hello Sir,

I am Neel from Nagpur. I want to know that can i join NDA without studying biology subject in 12th. The reason for asking this is just that I didn't took biology subject as it was in option. I dropped biology subject.

Please reply me sir.

10th February 2016, 10:32 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to study Biology in 12th for being eligible for NDA?

A candidate who is interested to enter into National Defence Academy must have done 11th and 12th with non medical stream having physics chemistry and mathematics as the main subjects.
Age limit should be in between 16.5 to 19 years where as relaxation is not provided to reserved categories in upper age limit.
Hence a student with mathematics can apply for NDA exam.
10th February 2016, 12:04 PM
kantraman

Default Re: Is it necessary to study Biology in 12th for being eligible for NDA?

No,it is not so as you think because 12th passed with PCM is the essential qualification to appear in NDA exam.Biology student can not appear in NDA exam.
10th February 2016, 01:23 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Yes, you can join NDA even after not having studied Biology in class 12th, there is no problem in it. Infact you can join NDA being from any recognized school/University and from any stream in class 12. Therefore, you need not worry about it and can surely apply for it.
10th February 2016, 01:24 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not at all necessary to study biology in class 12 and neither is it necessary to have studied science at +2 level of education. You could be from any stream and could very well join NDA after your 12th.
10th February 2016, 01:31 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

For your information let me tell you biology is not compulsary to write NDA. Candidate must be from science stream but biology is not only necessary. Candidate must have completed their studies with PCM.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate must have completed their higher secondary education with a minimum of 60% aggregate from a recognized university.

Candidate must not be less than 18 years.

Candidate must be from science stream.

Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
10th February 2016, 02:50 PM
ranu shahi

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate must have completed their education from science stream that is PCM.

Candidate must have scored at least 60% aggregate in their higher secondary education.

Candidate age must not less than 18 years.

Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
10th February 2016, 03:26 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not necessary to opt Biology as a subject in class 12 to be eligible for NDA.

In NDA there are three wings namely Army, Air force and Naval wings.

For Army wing the candidate must have passed class 12 examination in any stream or its equivalent from a recognized education board.

For Air fore and naval wing the candidate must have passed class 12 examination with Physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized board of education.
10th February 2016, 06:59 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

It is not necessary to study Biology for National Defence Academy entrance exam conducted by UPSC.

The criteria for NDA exam is:

1. Candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board. For Navy and Air Force, mathematics and physics in 10+2 is compulsory. For Indian Army, you can apply from any stream of 10+2.

2. Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

3. You must be unmarried male to apply for NDA exam.

Official website: http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th February 2016, 07:17 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. Union Public Service Commission conducts twice every year for selection of candidates into different wings of Defence like Army, Navy, Air Force. The eligibility criteria for this exam is that a person must be unmarried male and has passed or appearing for 10+2 board exams from a recognized board of India.

Biology is not compulsory for this exam. Mathematics and Physics is compulsory for Indian Navy and Air Force. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Female candidates are not eligible for this exam. There is written test and Service Selection board for this exam. A candidate must clear both for final selection in any wing of Defence.
10th February 2016, 07:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,

I am Neel from Nagpur. I want to know that can i join NDA without studying biology subject in 12th. The reason for asking this is just that I didn't took biology subject as it was in option. I dropped biology subject.

Please reply me sir.
Biology is not necessary subject for NDA exam. So without having Biology subject in 12th standard, you can apply for NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam.

If your 12th standard subject are Mathematics and Physics then you are eligible for Indian Air Force and Indian Navy exam.

Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years.
10th February 2016, 09:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible to join in NDA even if you have not studied Biology subject in your 12th standard. The minimum educational qualification required to join in NDA (Army) is completion of 12th standard in any stream and for joining in NDA (Air Force and Navy), the candidate must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a recognized board. Since, you have completed your 12th standard from a recognized board, you are eligible to appear in NDA examination.
11th February 2016, 12:36 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,

Please reply me sir.
It is not necessary to study Biology in 12th for being eligible for NDA examinations. The eligibility to National Defence Academy is a pass in 10+2 for Army and with Physics and Mathematics for Air Force and Navy. The candidate should be unmarried. The website of NDA given; http://www.nda.nic.in/eligibility%20criteria.html
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?