5th August 2014, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

Which Bachelor degree should I do after 12th for IAS?

I am in 12th std with PCM and my aim is I.A.S but I am confused that which bachelor degree should I do?

7th August 2014, 12:56 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Which Bachelor degree should I do after 12th for IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in 12th std with PCM and my aim is I.A.S but I am confused that which bachelor degree should I do?
You can take up any bachelor degree course as you wish. Any stream candidates are eligible to apply for IAS entrance examination. So, please don't confused on this. I will provide the details regarding IAS entrance examination which might helps you.

IAS (i.e) Indian Administrative Service entrance examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for twice in a year. To become a IAS officer you have to appear in civil service examination.

Eligibility Criteria required for IAS entrance exam:-

Nationality:- The candidate must be an Indian Resident.

Educational Qualification:- Candidates possessing a bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to apply for the examination. Students, who are in Final year of their courses can also apply. No minimum marks required for IAS exam.

AGE limit:- Age must be between 21 to 33 years for General category and Upper age relaxation will be applicable for reserved category students. 21 to 35 years for OBC category and 21 to 35 years for SC/ST category.

Gender:- Both the male and Female are eligible for this examination.

IAS(Civil Service Exam)selection has been divided into three stages, Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Personal Interview

For more information please visit here:- http://upsc.gov.in/
13th August 2014, 11:45 AM
poojamit
Member+

After any of the bachelor degree you can apply for IAS. This is a best choice as per career.
11th April 2015, 09:20 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

There is not any specific course for IAS which is preferred most.The eligibility required to sit for IAS exam is graduation in any discipline.

UPSC conducts civil services exam every year for recruitment to various posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS etc.

The eligibility criteria for IAS exam are following:-

- The candidate must be an Indian with valid residence certificate.

-The qualification required is graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years.However,there is age relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidate and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is four times for General category,seven times for OBC candidate and no limit for SC/ST candidate.

-The exam process involves three stages.These are

*Preliminary Examination

* Main Examination

*Personality Interview.
13th April 2015, 05:48 PM
kunalroy89

The exam to be an IAS is known as Civil Services Exam and it is conducted by UPSC.
The minimum qualification required to appear is Graduation from any stream and age limit 21-30years.
There is no specific course which can guarantee your selection over other courses. You MUST select your preferred choice of subject for Graduation and select the same subject for Mains exam of Civil Service. In this way your preparation will be useful right from the start of your Graduation.
15th April 2015, 12:19 PM
Ashwakh

You can take any course in graduation to apply for the IAS exam after graduation .

It doesnt matter which course you have taken in graduation . The point which counts is , whether you did your graduation from a Recogised university or not.

~ You can take any of the following courses in Graduation .

B.sc in maths
B.sc in Chemistry
B.sc in physics
BBA
B.tech
BBM
B.com , etc.

** Note that , you should compelte your graduation from any recognised university to apply for the ias exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?