3rd March 2023, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

Is BSc IT from KSOU still a valid degree?

I am in 3rd sem of BSc IT from KSOU distance education. After what happened with UGC's de recognisation, will I be able to get a govt job after completion of the degree?? I have already wasted 2 years before persuing BSc IT in KSOU (westbengal). I don't know what to do anymore in life.

5th March 2023, 10:25 PM
aryaanfreelancer
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is BSc IT from KSOU still a valid degree?

The UGC has approved KSOU (Karnataka State Open University). The degree is acceptable for use in India and overseas for all government and non-government purposes. So, the degree from KSOU is valid.
6th March 2023, 12:21 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

KSOU has received UGC approval (Karnataka State Open University). For all government and non-government uses, the degree is recognized both in India and abroad. Thus, the KSOU degree is approved.

For more details you can visit their official website:-
https://ksoumysuru.ac.in/
25th March 2023, 11:40 PM
Ar_pit

he validity of a BSc IT degree from KSOU (Karnataka State Open University) depends on various factors such as the recognition status of the university, the accreditation of the program, and the regulations of the concerned authorities.

KSOU was established in 1996 and is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under section 12B. However, the university faced some legal issues related to its recognition status in the past, which resulted in the suspension of its operations for a few years. The university has since resumed its operations and is offering various distance education programs, including BSc IT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?