3rd March 2023, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue BSc Chemistry if mathematics wasoptional subject?

In my higher secondary classes mathematics was optional. So i didn't studied maths In BSc chemistry maths is coming as subject in that case can i take BSc chemistry.

5th March 2023, 11:31 PM
aryaanfreelancer
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I pursue BSc Chemistry if mathematics wasoptional subject?

Yes. You can pursue BSc in Chemistry if mathematics was an optional subject in your class 12. A B. Sc. in chemistry can be earned without taking math in the 12th grade. However, having math in your 12th grade will be helpful.
6th March 2023, 01:16 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes. If mathematics was a class 12 optional, you can still*pursue a BSc in Chemistry. It is possible to graduate with a B. Sc. in chemistry without taking math in the 12th grade. But, it will be beneficial to have taken math in your 12th grade.
26th March 2023, 12:39 AM
Ar_pit

The eligibility criteria for pursuing a BSc Chemistry degree program may vary depending on the specific college or university you are interested in applying to. However, in general, Mathematics is a compulsory subject for admission to a BSc Chemistry degree program.

Having said that, there are some universities that may allow you to pursue a BSc Chemistry degree program without having studied Mathematics as a compulsory subject in your 10+2, provided you have studied some other relevant subjects like Biology or Physics.

Therefore, it is recommended that you check the eligibility criteria of the specific college or university where you are planning to apply for admission to a BSc Chemistry program to confirm whether or not you are eligible without Mathematics as a compulsory subject. If Mathematics is not required, then you can apply for the program and pursue it based on the other eligibility criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?