8th July 2021, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

Can complete my MD course in modern surgery after BAMS?

I have passed 12th std this year and going to take admission for BAMS so i wanted to ask whether i can do my further studies i.e. MD in modern medicines or surgery n what are the options.Because i have heard that after BAMS i can do my MD in ayurved only.but i wanna do something in modern surgery.Do tell me the courses names.

11th July 2021, 07:31 PM
Msdhoni02

Default Re: Can complete my MD course in modern surgery after BAMS?

1. You need minimum 60% marks in your graduation.

2. You need to pass NEET PG examination.

3. The duration of this course is 3 years.

So, you can do MD after BAMS in India but you will get admission through NEET PG test.
11th July 2021, 07:31 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do that since the eligibility criteria say that the candidate should have passed a BAMS/MBBS degree with a minimum of 60% marks from any recognized institute. The candidate then needs to pass NEET- PG which is followed by an interview to get admission in MD in India.

The course fee will be something around 1-2 lakhs.
13th July 2021, 10:19 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine) is the degree of Ayurveda medical sciences. Surgery is a modern medicine/allopathy instrument/technique and NMC not allowed Ayurveda doctors to practice Allopathy/modern medicine. NMC is the highest body to regulate the Medical Profession.

BAMS includes some of the modern medicine classes like anatomy, physiology, pathology but it does not include the chemical drugs or their composition or indication or dosage that is the reason BAMS physicians should not prescribe allopathy medicines or can do surgeries. Some of the MD courses which you can do after BAMS are given below.

MD in Medical Jurisprudence & Toxicology
MD in Pediatrics
MD in Materia Medica & Pharmacology
MD in Internal Medicine
MD in Fundamental Principles
MD in Penta Bio-Purification Methods
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?