4th March 2016, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IAS after completion of graduation in distance mode?

I wasas done my inter at due to some financial problem i did't cmplt my graduation....my goal IAS...
Nw am 23 old if i do distance graduation ??? Am i able to write civil????????? Who can provide me the details on this?

Awaiting for the response.

4th March 2016, 11:51 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS after completion of graduation in distance mode?

CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION

Nice to see your interest in Civil Services examination. Indian Administrative Service (IAS) examination is come under civil services examination which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) once in every year. To appear in the Civil Services examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Eligibility Criteria for the Civil Services examination.
--> Pass graduation degree is any stream from a recognize University. Final year graduation candidates can also appear in the IAS examination.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The upper age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candidates.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the IAS examination. If you satisfy the above eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for the IAS entrance examination.

So, As per above mention eligibility criteria for the Civil Services Examination you are not eligible to apply for the IAS examination. The minimum education qualification is pass graduation so i advise you to first complete the graduation degree in any stream with a good marks and then think about the civil services examination.

For more information regarding Civil Services examination please visit the official website of UPSC : http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th March 2016, 11:56 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS after completion of graduation in distance mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I wasas done my inter at due to some financial problem i did't cmplt my graduation....my goal IAS...
Nw am 23 old if i do distance graduation ??? Am i able to write civil????????? Who can provide me the details on this?

If your graduation degree is recognized then you are eligible for IAS exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 5 attempts
For OBC category:- 7 attempts
For ST/SC category:- no limit
5th March 2016, 12:52 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:

Yes, you can apply for IAS exam after completing Graduation from distance education. There is no issue whether you have completed Graduation from distance or regular mode. The only criteria is that the candidate must completed Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university. The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 32 years at the time of appearing in the IAS entrance exam.

For more details visit the website of UPSC - www.upsc.gov.in
5th March 2016, 03:04 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to appear for Civil Service examination after pursuing graduation in distance mode.

The examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recognised university.

So, after completing the course you can appear for examination. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category candidates. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
5th March 2016, 06:08 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Civil Services Exam is conducted by UPSC every year. You are interested to fill this exam. Yes definitely you are eligible for this exam. Following are the eligibility for this exam.

Educational qualification: Student must possess graduation degree from a recognized university. It does not matter whether you have done graduation from regular mode or distance mode. If you complete your graduation, you are eligible for the exam.

Age Limit: The maximum age limit for giving the exam is 32 years. Relaxation in maximum age limit is given to reserved category students as per govt. norms.

Selection Procedure: The selection procedure consists of Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam followed by Interview.

>>If you still have any doubt regarding the eligibility criteria , then you can go through the detailed advertisement of Civil Services Exam.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC CSE.pdf(5.66 MB, 7 views)
5th March 2016, 08:15 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates who do bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university in distance mode are eligible for Civil Services examination but the institute or college from which you do graduation must be approved by Distance Education council and University Grants Commission.

The age limit for Civil Services examination is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation for OBC candidate is three years and for SC/ST candidates is five years. There are six attempts for general candidate, nine for OBC candidates and no limit for SC/ST candidates till upper age limit.
5th March 2016, 10:34 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and recruitment on above post is on basis of post is through Civil Service examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC and the candidate passed degree from any recognised university weather distance or regular can appear for examination.

So, you can pursue course to appear for examination. After qualifying in examination (three stages ) become eligible for recruitment in jobs. For more information about examination visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th March 2016, 12:58 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Yes, you can apply for IAS after the completion of graduation in distance mode. The UPSC is conducting examinations for the civil services. The eligibility for civil services preliminary examination is a pass in graduation degree from a recognised university. The upper age limit is 32 years for general category, for OBC 35 years and for SC/ST 37 years. You have to clear the Preliminary Examination first and then appear for Mains examination. Finally interview is
there before training. The website link is given http://www.upsc.gov.in/
15th June 2016, 07:58 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Yes, you are very much eligible for IAS exam, here only graduation is required whether it is regular (or) distance mode. So, first complete the graduation then apply for Civil service exams.
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.
If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.
Age criteria limit is 21-32yrs.
Selection process for IAS exam:
1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?