1st February 2014, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

Can I do B.Ed in History after 3 years Diploma?

Iam a degree holder in history and a 3 year diploma course in archaeology.Can i do my Bed in history,without going to regular class,through distant education

13th March 2014, 01:06 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Can I do B.Ed in History after 3 years Diploma?

Actually for taking up B.Ed course from Open Universities you need to have teaching experience prior if not you won't be allowed to do it. It's good that you have completed Graduation with History and diploma in Archaeology but now you need to find in some teaching job to enroll yourself for B.Ed course from Open University.

There are many schools who take in teachers just by completing the UG course so you can probably try getting the teacher job then apply for B.Ed distance education course but if you are finding it difficult for doing it then you can check in the below mentioned Universities who allow candidate to do the B.Ed course with just Graduation degree,

Kakatiya University, Andhra Pradesh - Duration: 14 months
Eligibility: Bachelor's degree plus 2 years teaching experience

Bharathidasan University, Tamil Nadu - Duration:1 year
Eligibility: Graduation

Berhampur University, Orissa - Duration: 1 year
Eligibility: Bachelor's degree

Have attached the detailed eligibility criteria for taking up B.Ed course in this post for your reference.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf B.Ed_Distance_education_eligibility.pdf(22.0 KB, 260 views)
24th March 2014, 04:45 PM
annaykpr1

Default Re: Can I do B.Ed in History after 3 years Diploma?

Hi,
I am also doing B.ed from ssb education society Rohtak, its a distance learning institute. No need to have any experience in teaching. For b.ed you must have passed a Bachelor's degree exam of corresponding degree exam of any other University familiar as equal thereto with a minimum of 50% marks in the collective at the Bachelor's degree/Master’s degree examination. more information provides on their website
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?