11th October 2018, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I do BTech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing 12th Science?

Hi everyone, can I know my eligibility to do BTech(Mechanical Engineering) as I am a student of 12th Science so I will be able to do this BTech? Please let me know about this as soon as possible. Thank you!

17th October 2018, 12:19 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I do BTech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing 12th Science?

B.Tech stands for Bachelor of Technology and as the name suggests it is a professional undergraduate degree course of four years after completing which a candidate head towards becoming a lawyer.

Further, the minimum education required for pursuing B.Tech degree course in any branch/trade is a Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board of education.

So, being a student of Class 12th in Science stream, you are certainly eligible for pursuing B.Tech in Mechanical engineering degree course.

Also, for getting admission in top engineering colleges, you must appear and qualify entrance examinations such as JEE, State CET/EEE, BITSAT, VITEEE, SRMEEE, etc. .
17th October 2018, 12:23 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I do BTech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing 12th Science?

B.Tech stands for Bachelor of Technology and as the name suggests it is a professional undergraduate degree course of four years after completing which a candidate head towards becoming an engineer.

Further, the minimum education required for pursuing B.Tech degree course in any branch/trade is a Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board of education.

So, being a student of Class 12th in Science stream, you are certainly eligible for pursuing B.Tech in Mechanical engineering degree course.

Also, for getting admission in top engineering colleges, you must appear and qualify entrance examinations such as JEE, State CET/EEE, BITSAT, VITEEE, SRMEEE, etc. .
17th October 2018, 12:25 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone, can I know my eligibility to do BTech(Mechanical Engineering) as I am a student of 12th Science so I will be able to do this BTech? Please let me know about this as soon as possible. Thank you!

Yes, you can do BTech (Mechanical Engineering) after completion of 12th Science. You must have passed the 12th examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from a recognized board for the admission to study BTech (Mechanical Engineering). You have to appear for an entrance examination for the admission to study BTech (Mechanical Engineering). Duration of the BTech (Mechanical Engineering) course is four years. In some states like Tamilnadu candidates are admitted to the BTech (Mechanical Engineering) on the basis of marks scored in the 12th examination.
17th October 2018, 09:37 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

B. Tech. Mechanical engineering is a four year undergraduate course and is one of the most sought after degree courses in engineering stream. The eligibility to take admission in this course is 10 + 2 pass or equivalent.
Admission process for the same is generally entrance exam based.

Entrance Exams:

JEE Main

BITSAT

COMEDK

UPSEE

VITEE

SRMJEE
18th October 2018, 04:55 PM
mayank1610

Smile Re: Can I do BTech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing 12th Science?

Yes you can. Eligibility criteria depends upon the college you're trying to get into. Most colleges require you to score a minimum of 60% in Physics, chemistry and Mathematics (sometimes in English also).
18th October 2018, 06:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have got 12th science with physics, chemistry and maths, then you can apply for engineering entrance exam surely, provided you fulfill the percentage criteria of 50% marks.

Admission will be purely based on the performance in the entrance exam like JEE Main or any state level engineering entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?