30th June 2014, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in DU for Political Science Honours if scored 95 marks in 12th Political Science?

Hello
I have got 76 in English and 84in Hindi,
95in political science and 45 in economics and 71in home science I want to pursure political science honours from Delhi university
will I be able to get admission.in any of du colleges?

Related Questions:
  1. Will it be possible to do MA in Political Science without BA in Political science?
  2. Can I do Ph.D in Political Science after doing BA and PG in Master in Business Administration(HR)? Procedure to get admission?
  3. Does Jawaharlal Nehru University offer B.A. in Political Science honours? Minimum percentage required for the admission?
  4. How can I get previous year papers of political science?
  5. How to get admission in Ph.D in Political Science after completing M.A in Political Science from University of Mumbai?
  6. Am I eligible to get admission in DU for B.A.(H) in Political Science if secured 83% in 12th Science from CBSE Board? Is it beneficial to take Arts in graduation for 12th Science student? -- [New]
  7. How get admission in PH.D in political science? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How to do M.Phil Political Science after post graduating in Political Science?
  9. Syllabus of Political Science? Which books are to be referred for Political Science so that I can pursue M.A from renowned university?
  10. Is it possible to do M.A. political science after B.A. economics?
  11. How to join M.Phil in Political Science in Correspondence in Pune University after completion of Post Graduation in Political Science?
  12. Nalanda Open University BA in Political Science-Political Theory Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  13. After scoring 50.4% marks in graduation with honors subject as Geography and Optional Subjects as Political Science and Economics can I get admission in Masters Degree in any Indian University?
  14. Which are the best books for M.A Political Science?
  15. Which subjects to choose for MA political science in UGC NET
  16. Which career is a best choice for me after completion of 12th Class with Commerce and Political Science?
  17. Universities offering M.Phil in Political Science?
  18. How to do Ph.D in Political Science from Agra University? When is the entrance exam? What is the syllabus? Old question papers of Political Science
20th March 2015, 10:48 PM
anamikasenrocks

Default Re: Can I get admission in DU for Political Science Honours if scored 95 marks in 12th Political Science?

You can get admission in Delhi University in Political Science. There is no such hard and fast restriction on percentage of Political science in colleges under Delhi University. Mostly allow people with 70-75% in this subject. You have way above that. Now there is one effective criteria for B.A. honors under Delhi university.
It is that you will get a 2% advantage in the best of your 4 arts subjects if Political Science was your elective subject. If not, they will give you 2% lesser points on your aggregate score of the best of 4 subjects. I am guessing three of your subjects were Political Science, Home Science, Economics. Among them, if Political Science was elective then you will get this advantage.
Other than this there are no other restrictions. Let me list here few Arts and Science colleges in Delhi for getting admission in Political Science:
1) Bharathi College
2) Vivekananda College
3) Sri Aurobindo College
3) Sri Venkateswara College
21st March 2015, 03:00 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in DU for Political Science Honours if scored 95 marks in 12th Political Science?

Yes ; you will get admission in political science in many of the DU Colleges as there is not great demand of political science. Delhi University is one of the best universities for B.A and consists of about 70 colleges under it. Not all the colleges have all the courses .For B.A students best 3 subjects aggregate is taken in consideration.There is also about 2% aggregate is relaxation or girls and if you belongs to OBC or SC\ST then do not worry you will get the chance to study in the best DU colleges.

Some o the college are -
SAHEED BHAGT SINGH COLLEGE.
VENKETSWAR.
RAJDHANI COLLEGE.
SHIVAJI COLLEGE.
BHARTI COLLEGE.
MAITREYI COLLEGE.
RAMJAS COLLEGE.
27th March 2015, 05:31 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

DU(Delhi University) is one of the renowned university in India having about 70 colleges.The students from all over India and even the foreign students take the degree from the university.The admission process in graduation is based on +2 marks and the university declares cut off marks for each subject of different colleges .

I think you will get admission in the best colleges as there is no high demand for it.But as you have 95 marks in political science then admission will not be taken on the marks of specific subject they take it on the best 3 or best 4 subjects.

there are many colleges offering political science.

Hans Raj.
Rajdhani.
Kirori Mal.
Deen Dayal Upadhaya.
Bharti college for girls.
2nd July 2015, 04:43 AM
Unregistered

May I get admission in karorimal college or shivaji college if I have 79in Hindi,77in history, 95in political science, 70in home.science. I want to do b.a in political honours in this college and what is a process to get admission in college when also 2nd cutt off list has already declared.
17th April 2016, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

How much marks or percentage is needed to get admission in lady shri ram college to take pol.sc honours
18th April 2016, 02:02 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How much marks or percentage is needed to get admission in lady shri ram college to take pol.sc honours
Delhi University has always been a centre of attraction among the students all over the country.
admission happens in it by your marks that you obtain in 12th.
There are so many cut-off released by DU which is varry from college to college.
As far as LSR(Lady Sri Ram college) is concern it is also one of the highly sought out college of DU. To get admission in it with Pol. science make sure you must have scored good (around 85 plus) % in your intermediate.
Students belonging from reserve catagory (SC/ST/OBC) get benefited in cut-offs.
13th June 2017, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

In which college of delhi university i can get admission if i scored 80.40% in 12th in pcm in rbse board and now changing my subject to political science honors and i m also having president award certificate....please let me know about this...waiting for reply
18th July 2017, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

How much minimum percentage in need in class 12 exam (from science stream ) to gat admission in b.a political science in colleges like hansraj or hindu
20th October 2017, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

What are the criteria for taking admission in b.a political science gor pcm students in gov college
4th April 2018, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

I have done (12th PCMB 80% in best of four) but now I wanted to do B.A(pol science hons) as the cutoff are so high so is their is entrance examination conducted by du for the admission in B.A(pol science hons)?
30th May 2019, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir, I am student and I have secure 71.6 %,can I get admission in political science in DU.I am under obc quota
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?