27th February 2016, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study distance B.Sc(Maths) being an IT graduate? Better option among B.Sc and M.Sc?

Sir,
I have completed my Engineering in IT stream. I have got a job and I am willing to do B.Sc in Maths through distance education. Can I get admission in B.Sc(Maths) in Pune? Which one will be more favourable, B.Sc or M.Sc?

29th February 2016, 12:10 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study distance B.Sc(Maths) being an IT graduate? Better option among B.Sc and M.Sc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have completed my Engineering in IT stream. I have got a job and I am willing to do B.Sc in Maths through distance education. Can I get admission in B.Sc(Maths) in Pune? Which one will be more favourable, B.Sc or M.Sc?
You need to complete 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or its equivalent qualification to be eligible for B.Sc in Mathematics.
Since, you are an IT graduate so it's not possible for you to get admission for B.Sc in Mathematics. However, you can apply for Diploma course which is related to IT Graduation.
29th February 2016, 04:30 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study distance B.Sc(Maths) being an IT graduate? Better option among B.Sc and M.Sc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

Yes, you can get the admission to study the B.Sc in Mathematics in distance education. The eligibility to study the course is a pass in 10+2 with mathematics as one of the subjects. The duration of the course is 3 years. The course is available in many universities in distance mode. If the aspirant can get the M.Sc admission with engineering degree, you can study M.Sc in Mathematics also. But it is advisable to pursue your career in the IT field. If you have more interest in Mathematics than IT then you can choose Mathematics. The list of universities offering the B.Sc Mathematics in distance mode given below;

Madurai Kamaraj University - https://mkudde.org/ug_courses.php
IGNOU - www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutignou/school/sos/programmes/detail/414/2
Madras University - https://www.ideunom.ac.in/pdfs/ug/BSc_Maths.pdf
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?