27th February 2016, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study B.Com(Banking and Finance) for Biology student?

Friends,
I have passed 12th Science with Biology stream. Can I apply for B.Com Honours in Banking and Finance? Kindly let me know about this as soon as possible.

29th February 2016, 09:58 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study B.Com(Banking and Finance) for Biology student?

Sorry to say that it is not possible for Biology student to pursue his or her studies in Commerce. B.Sc and B.Com are totally different and have no any connection.
29th February 2016, 04:33 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study B.Com(Banking and Finance) for Biology student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Friends,
I have passed 12th Science with Biology stream. Can I apply for B.Com Honours in Banking and Finance? Kindly let me know about this as soon as possible.
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for B.Com in Banking and Finance after completing 12th standard in Biology stream. The candidate from any stream are eligible to apply. However, first preference will be given to the candidate who completed their 12th standard in Commerce stream with Mathematics subject. The admission will be based on the marks obtained in 12th standard board exam.

Eligibility Criteria:

The eligibility requirement for pursuing the B.Com in Banking and Finance is Intermediate or its equivalent qualification from a recognized board under the central/state education board. There is no restriction on the stream in the 12th standard level. The applicant with science, commerce or arts background can pursue for the B. Com in Banking and Finance. The applicant must not be more than 25 years.
29th February 2016, 05:27 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Friends,

Sorry, you are not eligible to study B.Com (Banking and Finance). The eligibility to study the course is a pass in 10+2 with any one of the subject Accountancy or Business Studies or Economics or Mathematics. The duration of the course is 3 years. The course is available in many colleges in India like
Saraswathi Narayanan College, Madurai - Official website/
Shree Vardhman Girls College - Official website
29th February 2016, 05:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Normally, most of the universities allow admission in B.Com to any stream candidates but still some reputed universities will accept only commerce students who have passed class 12th.

Therefore, you can apply surely but make sure you go through the eligibility criteria of the particular university before applying.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?