12th April 2020, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I study undergraduate Law course after completing HS Commerce?

Hi Sir/Madam, I am a Commerce student and studying in 11th standard. I know about BCom course however I am interested in Law. So, if I complete my HS from Commerce stream then can I be eligible to study undergraduate Law course?

14th April 2020, 10:58 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study undergraduate Law course after completing HS Commerce?

Yes, you can apply for Common Law Admission Test for admission in BA LLB course in top law colleges of India. Commerce stream candidates can also apply for this exam.

>>The minimum academic qualification required for this exam is 12th passed from a recognized board with English as one of the compulsory subjects.

>>Minimum of 45% marks for general category candidates and 40% marks for SC/ST candidates.

You can apply for this exam after 12th.
14th April 2020, 12:56 PM
harshandshubham

NO, you cannot study undergraduate law course after completing HS course but you have to qualify certain exam then you are eligible.
14th April 2020, 03:07 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

---Eligibility Criteria to join Law course are as follows:-

:- Completion of 12th is must from any of the recognized board with minimum of 50-60%Mark's.

:- Any stream I'm 12th is allowed but mainly focused to select commerce stream .

:- Minimum age required is 20 years.

:- Must appear the entrance exam namely as CLAT.
14th April 2020, 07:41 PM
Aishwarya 99

Yes, Obviously. You can join in law course once you complete your 12th.you can pursue your law in following ways which you like. They are : First one is LL.B which is of 3years. The next option is an Integrated degree along with B.Com which is B.com LL.B and it is of 5years. Thank you.
14th April 2020, 07:48 PM
Aishwarya 99

Yes,obviously. You can pursue law after your 12th.you can do law course in any of the two ways. They are: 1) LL.B which is of 3years. 2)the second option is an Integrated degree Along with b. Com which is B. Com LL.b. thank you.
15th April 2020, 06:39 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue B.A LLB ( 5 years ) course after 12th.

The required eligiblility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

LLB is a undergraduate course in Law and required minimum educational qualification for the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, you are eligible to get admission in law course after commerce stream in std 12th.
15th April 2020, 01:22 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to study LLB(Bachelor of Laws):

- Candidate should have passed 10+2 level examination from a recognized Institute or board.
- Yes, you are eligible to persue this course after 12th with commerce.

Entrance exam- CLAT

NTA has released it's application form for DU LLB Exam 2020 on April 2,2020 and will go on until April 30,2020.

BHU LLB will be conducted in third week of May,2020.

MHT CET 2020
15th April 2020, 04:33 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

You can apply for undergraduate courses in law after passing intermediate from any board with commerce stream.

Eligibility for BA LLB course after 12th:

*Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognized board with English as one of the main subjects.

*Minimum percentage of marks required is 45% for general category candidates.

You can apply for Common Law Admission test for BA LLB course.
15th April 2020, 05:01 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

As far as you are concerned about the undergraduate law courses available after Class 12th in Commerce stream then for your information I would like to let you know that after your Class 12th you will have the option to go for integrated law course of five years such BA LLB, BBA LLB, etc..

Further, the best institute to pursue undergraduate law courses after your Class 12th are various National Law University (NLU) and for getting admission in these institutes, you need to qualify CLAT (Common Law Admission Test).

For complete details regarding CLAT, you can refer to the link www.clat.ac.in.
16th April 2020, 01:00 AM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir/Madam, I am a Commerce student and studying in 11th standard. I know about BCom course however I am interested in Law. So, if I complete my HS from Commerce stream then can I be eligible to study undergraduate Law course?
Sure, after 12th, you can do LLB. After the 12th standard, you can do an Integrated LLB course, which you can do BA-LLB, BBA-LLB, B-TECH-LLB, BSC-LLLB, etc. After passing class 12th you must have to qualify in the entrance exams like CLAT, AILET for taking admission 5 years integrated courses.
17th April 2020, 02:37 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Can I study undergraduate Law course after completing HS Commerce?

Students can opt for law courses with any stream (Science stream/ Commerce stream / Arts stream) in 12th.

The minimum eligibility for joining the LLB course is graduation with 45% in the qualifying examination and 40% in SC/ST for the direct admission. By the Entrance exam, the student should be qualified through the cut-off marks for the Admission on Reputed law colleges.

After Higher secondary you can apply LLB in correct way.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?