29th September 2022, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

Can iI switch from Electrical Engineering to Chemical Engineering?

If i did electrical engineering at collage and completed my N6 qualification can i do diploma in chemical engineering in Varsity?

30th September 2022, 05:34 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can iI switch from Electrical Engineering to Chemical Engineering?

Can iI switch from Electrical Engineering to Chemical Engineering?

One argument for chemical engineering is that if you get a job, it will on average pay more. But chemical engineering jobs are more concentrated in geographic areas that might not be attractive to you. Chemical engineering gives good education on systems type of thinking, which often lets them to transition to other areas.
30th September 2022, 07:06 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it's possible to become an chemical engineer despite having an educational background that is specific to electrical engineering. There are a few reasons why that is case, one of switch is their typical work environments.
30th September 2022, 09:00 PM
Msdhoni02

Yes, most any school will allow you to switch majors at any time. Because most every engineering major starts out the same (most schools don’t even allow specialization until after freshman year) you will be able to switch then and not miss anything. The later that you attempt to switch, the more you will have to do to catch up (taking a bigger class load or staying an extra semester or two) as these branches start to diverge and take classes that build on one another.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?