29th September 2022, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I do B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering after doing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Sir, I'm doing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering but after completing my Diploma course, I want to continue my B.Tech with Aeronautical Engineering. So I am in a state of confusion whether I can continue my B.Tech with Aeronautical Engineering or not. So, please tell me whether I can continue my B.Tech with Aeronautical Engineering or not since, I'm doing diploma in mechanical engineering.
If possible what's the percentage of marks needed for admission ??
What should be the maximum age needed for a guy during the time of admission??

30th September 2022, 05:00 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering after doing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Yes, you can do that. If you complete the diploma in Mechanical Engineering, you can opt for B. Tech in Aeronautical Engineering. The diploma holders are given the option to get lateral entry in the Engineering course.
30th September 2022, 05:09 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering after doing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Yes, you are eligible to study B.tech in Aeronautical engineering course after completion of your diploma in mechanical engineering course. Diploma holder are eligible to get direct admission in second year of 4 years engineering course through lateral entry admission process. You have to appear in lateral entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET etc; which is conducted by your respective state Technical Board of Education.
By qualifying the entrance examination, you have to participate in the counselling process according to your examination rank, so, that you will offered a seat in a particular college for pursuing B.tech ( aeronautical engineering) course.
30th September 2022, 08:56 PM
Msdhoni02

Once you complete the diploma in Mechanical Engineering you can opt for B. Tech in Aeronautical Engineering. The diploma holders are given the option to get lateral entry in the Engineering course.

Second way to get admission in BTech is after class 12th result. Admission is direct as well as merit based.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?