16th January 2017, 07:40 PM
Renu107

Can a pure Science student pursue B.Sc in Optometry? Is Maths subject important to pursue this course?

Respected Sir, I am a pure Science student and I want to pursue B.Sc in Optometry so I want to know can a pure Science student pursue B.Sc in Optometry? Is Maths subject important to pursue this course? Do I have to appear for any entrance exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

17th January 2017, 09:55 PM
eSolution
Junior Member+

Default Re: Can a pure Science student pursue B.Sc in Optometry? Is Maths subject important to pursue this course?

For B.Sc in Optometry, the combination of subjects in 10+2 should consists of Physics ,chemistry, Biology and/or Mathematics with English.

Mathematics is one of the subject in this course but not that important.

Some of the colleges takes entrance exam for admission
18th January 2017, 12:06 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a pure Science student pursue B.Sc in Optometry? Is Maths subject important to pursue this course?

B.Sc. Optometry or Bachelor of Science in Optometry or Ophthalmic Optics is an undergraduate Optometric course. The duration of this course is three years.

For Bachelor of Science in Optometry course candidate must have passed 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics from a recognized board. If you want to take admission in reputed college then you need to appear in entrance examination which is conduct by the University/College other wise not. As per my knowledge, Maths subject is not to much important to pursue Bachelor of Science in Optometry course.

After completion of this course you can apply for jobs in the following employment area are given below.

=> Occupational Health Sector

=> Optical Shops

=> Eye Clinics

=> Hospital Eye Departments

=> Eye Doctors

=> Health Consultants
18th January 2017, 10:55 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there is no such problem in it. I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for the above mentioned course, kindly have a look at it;

Eligibility:

> Candidates should have completed their +2 level of education from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, English & Biology or Mathematics.
25th July 2020, 09:30 AM
Unregistered

Whether maths subject will come under bsc optometric maths subject is important in this career
26th September 2021, 12:11 AM
Minal F

No,
For Pure Science Includes subjects such as Astrophysics, Chemistry,Geology,Maths and Material Science.
17th April 2022, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

Can I do optometry without physics
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?