23rd July 2016, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

Career options for a candidate after B.Sc in Computer Science?

I am pursuing B.Sc in Computer Science Honours, and I have Mathematics and Statistics as two other subjects. I just want to know what are the career options after B.Sc in Computer Science available for me? What are the fields which I can pursue?

Related Questions:
  1. List of career options available for a B.Sc(computer science) graduate? List of top colleges I can apply for?
  2. Career options for a candidate after B.Sc in Computer Science?
  3. Advantages of pursuing BSc Honors course in Computer Science from Delhi University? What are the career options after BSc Course?
  4. Career options for computer science students other than engineering or BSc?
  5. What are the career options available after doing MSc Computer and B.Ed in Science?
  6. List of career options available for a 12th passed candidate? I'm a commerce student with computer science
  7. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  8. What are the best options available after completing BSc computer science with 43%?
  9. What career options should I choose between BSc computer application, BSc Physics and BSc Mathematics?
  10. What are the possible career options for me having completed B.Sc in Computer Science from Delhi University? Does MCA course having good scope?
  11. What are the career options in mathematics after BSc computer science
  12. Which specialization is the best for career in BSc Computer Science or BSc Electronics?
  13. Best career options after BSc Biotech?
  14. What to choose B.Sc(H) Computer Science or B.Sc(H) Maths at DU? Eligibility for MCA or Geophysics through IITJAM? What about MBA through IIMs?
  15. Difference Between Computer Science B.Sc and Computer Science B.Ed -- [New]
  16. What are the career options available after passing BSc? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. What is the initial salary for freshers? I have done BSc computer science
  18. Career options in science other than engineering and medicine?
25th July 2016, 10:03 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Career options for a candidate through B.Sc(Computer Science) student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am pursuing B.Sc in Computer Science Honours, and I have Mathematics and Statistics as two other subjects. I just want to know what are the career options after B.Sc in Computer Science available for me? What are the fields which I can pursue?
After completion of B.Sc in Computer Science, you can apply for M.Sc in CS/IT, MCA, MBA course.

You can also apply for government sector jobs like,

1)School Service Commission

2)IBPS and SBI entrance exam

3)Civil Service Exam

4)CDS exam

5)Staff Selection Commission Exam

6)Railway Group D exam

7)PSC exam
25th July 2016, 04:28 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Career options for a candidate through B.Sc(Computer Science) student?

Whosoever has told you this thing is really unaware about the course's details, there is a huge career opportunities after the completion of your B.Sc in Computer Science, below I have mentioned some of them, kindly have a look at it.

Higher studies options;

> Master in Business Management in Computer Management

> Master of Computer Management

> Master of Philosophy in Computer Science

> Master of Science in Computer Communication

> Master of Science in Computer Science

> Master of Science and Technology in Industrial Mathematics with Computer Applications

> PG Diploma in Computer Engineering

> PG Diploma in Computer hardware

> PG Diploma in Applied Computer Science, etc.

Some certificate courses you could go for;

> CISCO Certified Network Associate(CCNA)

> CISCO Certified Network Professional(CCNP), etc.

You can even go for jobs after completion of your course, Some of the job profiles for graduates in your field is;

> Computer Scientist

> Computer Programmer

> System Administrator

> System Analyst

> Logic Designer

> Hardware Designer Designer

> System Integrator, etc.

Lots of jobs are also available in public sector such as;

> Scientific Officer

> Technical Officer

> Scientific Assistant

> Network operators, etc.

You can even apply for lecturer post in colleges or in Universities, but for that you will have to qualify in SET/NET examination and should also have a B.Ed degree.
25th July 2016, 06:40 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Career options for a candidate after B.Sc in Computer Science?

There are many job options available for you. You can apply for the government jobs as well as private job. You can also apply in government companies like ONGC,BHEL,SAIL etc. You can apply for bank jobs, for civil service, for SSC etc. Apart from that there are many private companies which can take you. I would suggest you to buy employment news for the details of government jobs & buy it on weekly basis from paper vendor shop. & to get an update for private jobs register yourself on naukri.com
25th July 2016, 06:54 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Career Opportunities available after B.Sc in Computer Science:

After successful completion of B.Sc in Computer Science, you may find many more courses after the course. They include,

> M.Sc in Computer Science
> Master of Computer Management
> Master in Business Management in Computer Management
> M.Sc (Hons) in Computer Science
> M.Sc in Computer Communication
> M.Sc in Statistics and Computer Applications
> Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Programming
> Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Hardware

Besides these, you may find employment opportunities in Software companies for the posts namely, System Analyst, Computer Scientist, Programmer, Professor, Technical Writer, Technical Support, Computer Engineering and System Integrator.
25th July 2016, 07:25 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Scope of B.SC Computer Science:-

Education career :-

MCA

MBA

B.Ed

M.Sc

Job career:-

Bank jobs

Groups

IAS

UPSC

CBI

SAIL

BHEL

AAI

FCI

NTPC

WIPRO

TCS

HCL.
26th July 2016, 01:29 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After pursuing B.Sc in Computer various job prospects are available with private and government companies as a Computer programmer, System Administrator, System integrator,Hardware Designer, Logic Designer etc. You can also apply for Higher degree course such as,

Courses Available after B.Sc in Computer Science:
  • M.Sc in Computer Science
  • Master of Computer Application (MCA)
  • B.Tech in Computer Engineering
  • M.Sc in Information Technology
  • B.E in Computer Engineering
  • B.Tech in Information Technology etc.
  • Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?