10th June 2022, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to do 9 months articleship before IPCC exam?

I have cleared my graduation in 2007 with 60%. I wanna join ipcc so i wanna know that is it compulsory for me to do 9 month articleship before ipcc examination?

12th June 2022, 06:17 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to do 9 months articleship before IPCC exam?

Is it compulsory to do 9 months articleship before IPCC exam?

Students are required to complete a total of 3 years of articleship training under a CA (equivalent to internship).

This period of 9 months of training before appearing for IPCC is included in the total duration of 3 years of articleship training.
13th June 2022, 05:21 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

As per the announcement of ICAI (2015), there is no need of articleship of 9 months for IPCC exams. After the registration of IPCC exam candidates will be eligible for this exam.
15th June 2022, 03:10 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

It is not compulsory to do 9 month's articleship before the IPCC examination. The candidates who registered for the direct entry scheme can immediately appear in IPCC examinations. ICAI introduced the Direct Entry Scheme with effect from 1st August 2012 and according to that, students who have completed their graduation with specified percentage marks are exempted from appearing for CPT examinations and can directly appear for IPCC examinations that are intermediate level.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?