25th June 2017, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

Which course is best option to become a dress designer?

I am student of B.A third year. But l am interested in dress designing course. So, please tell me which career is better for me. I want to know the fees of this course and also a hostel fees.

27th June 2017, 02:06 AM
ranu shahi

Default Re: Which course is best option to become a dress designer?

After completing your graduation, then you can go for diploma course in fashion designing for fulfilling your dream of becoming a dress designer.

Fee structure in pursuing fashion designing is different for every institutes and every colleges which offer diploma in fashion designing. But minimum fee structure for pursuing fashion designing is 1 lakh.

Here, are few colleges which offer diploma in fashion designing:-
International School of Design, Kandivali.
Sanskriti University, Mathura.
Indian Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore.
JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Vile Parle West, Mumbai.
Pearl Academy, Mumbai.
28th June 2017, 02:53 PM
yamram

Hi
The general eligibility criteria to pursue Fashion Designing after 10th standard is that you should have Pass with 50% aggregate marks in 10th.
You can enroll yourself into different diploma's program after 10th like Diploma in Fashion Design which is total of 3 years or you can also opt for dual degree Diploma in Fashion Design- B.Design( Fashion) which is total of 6 years.
After your diploma program you can enroll yourself into lateral entry B.Sc(Fashion Design) which will be of 2 years or you can also opt for B.Design (Fashion) which will be of 3 years after your diploma program.
After 12th standard B.Sc (Design -Fashion)(3 years), B.Design (Fashion) (4 years)like Diploma in Styling and Grooming and Diploma in Fashion, both of these diplomas programs are of total of 1 year.So these are the different courses in which you can enroll yourself for becoming Dress designer.
Therefore I would like to mention that there are few known private institutions like Pearl Academy, Lovely Professional University,Symbiosis Institute of Design that offers top class learning environment to the students with extensive placement opportunities. These universities also offer various skill development programs, professional enhancement training and outstanding exposure to its students
30th June 2017, 10:23 PM
Vaishali@1998

To become a dress designer you have to do degree or diploma in fashion designing from recognized institute after passing 12. The degree course are usually of 3 or 4 years and diploma courses are generally one year. The minimum fee structure for whole course may be 5 lakhs and can be more depending upon institute. Some institutes for this courses are
AAFT School of Fashion and Design
National Institute of Fashion Technology
3rd July 2017, 11:43 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

For dress designing you need to do fashion designing course. You will get admission through entrance exams.
:List of some good entrance exam for fashion designing-
NIFT
NID
CEED
Both NIFT and provides admission for both undergraduate and post graduate courses whereas CEED provides only PG course for fashion designing.
Fashion designing course is costly and you have to work very hard for cracking entrance exam.
This course has lot of scope in today's world. You can start your own business after completing this course.
Minimum you have to spend 1 Lakhs rupees per year excluding hostel fee. Hostel fee is depend upon the area of your college in which you will get admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?