6th January 2022, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

DCA is equivalent to graduation?

Sir i have passed my 12th in 2011 and i want to do graduate now. So i am choosing dca. Is it equivalent to Graduation?

8th January 2022, 05:35 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: DCA is equivalent to graduation?

DCA stands for Diploma in Computer Application and the same course is not equivalent to a bachelor degree.

So, if you are interested in going for a graduation degree course as well as learning something in the field of computer applications then instead of DCA degree course you should go for BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application) course.
9th January 2022, 02:50 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

No, Diploma in Computer Application course is not equivalent to Graduation. Graduation course is the next level after completion of DCA course.
This course holds the value of +2 and by completing this you can join direct 2nd year in Engineering/Technology.
9th January 2022, 03:37 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

No, DCA(Diploma in Computer applications) is not equivalent to Graduation, because diploma is not a Bachelor's course.

To become a graduate, you should pursue any bachelor's course like BE/BTech after the completion of your diploma course.

You can join in BE, BTech courses by appearing for Lateral entry entrance test(LEET).

If you qualify in such exam, then you can directly join in second year of BTech.
9th January 2022, 05:46 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, diploma in computer application course in not equivalent to graduation.
Graduation course is the next level after completion of diploma course .
Diploma course has level value when compared to graduation level courses like
BE/BTech/ BBA/ BCA.
So, if you are interested to pursue graduation course after completion of your 3 years diploma course, you can pursue your higher studies in BE/BTech course by appearing and qualifying LEET examination.
9th January 2022, 06:28 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

No. A DCA course is not equivalent to a Graduation degree. DCA is equivalent to O level course.
10th January 2022, 01:27 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° DCA is not graduation course.
DCA stands for diploma in computer applications and it is a diploma course and the duration of this course is one year.

The minimum educational qualification required to pursue this course is 10th in any discipline from a recognised board.

As you want to pursue graduation, hence I would like to suggest you to pursue graduation in computer applications such as B.Sc.in Computer Science Bachelors in computer etc.
10th January 2022, 02:48 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

No, Diploma in Computer Application course is not equivalent to Graduation. Graduation course is the next level after completion of Diploma course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?