23rd May 2015, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

Detailed information and scope of B.Sc(Biotechnology) course? Can I get good salary after completing B.Sc(Biotechnology)?

Friends,
Please tell me that what type of course is B.Sc(Biotechnology)?
What is the scope after completing the B.Sc in Biotechnology?
Will I get a better salary after this course?

24th May 2015, 11:08 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and scope of B.Sc(Biotechnology) course? Can I get good salary after completing B.Sc(Biotechnology)?

It is a good course, however, technological courses like B.Tech or B.E are of higher value. Higher studies will help you in getting better jobs. You can apply for various jobs in Pharmaceutical Industries since it is the largest job provider to Biotech candidates.

-Some of the Companies like:
Dabur
Hindustan Unilever
Cipla
Rossari Biotech India Pvt Ltd
Hindustan Antibiotics Ltd , etc recruit Biotech graduates

In these companies you can apply for following posts:
- Marketing Manager
- Quality Control Officer
- Production-in-charge

-Government career after B Tech in Biotechnology:

After completing the Post Graduation in this field you can apply for jobs in several Government sector institutes for various posts like Scientist or Engineer Posts and apart from this you can also apply for:-

-Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology ( CCBM )
-National Brain Research Center
-National Institute of Oceanography

-List of top recruiters in India:
Southern Petrochemical Industries Ltd
Serum Institute of India
Panacea Biotech
Piramal Healthcare
Biocon
Cipla
Ranbaxy
Wockhardt Limited
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals
Indian Immunologicals
Godrej

Salary varies as per the company in which you are recruited and your caliber. Usually the salary varies between 18000-30000 per month.
25th May 2015, 08:23 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and scope of B.Sc(Biotechnology) course? Can I get good salary after completing B.Sc(Biotechnology)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Friends,
Please tell me that what type of course is B.Sc(Biotechnology)?
What is the scope after completing the B.Sc in Biotechnology?
Will I get a better salary after this course?
B.Sc Biotechnology is a three years Bachelor Degree which is about the combination of Biology and Technology together. B.Sc Biotechnology deals with the study of various biological spheres. B.Sc Biotechnology has been just like a Foundation course. You can learn the basics in the field of Biotechnology. There are so many colleges which offer B.Sc Biotechnology course.

There is good scope available for B.Sc Biotechnology in, both he Private and Pubic Sector as well. Normally, Biotechnology is a research oriented field, which will help you to become a researcher in the field of the Biotechnology. After completing B.Sc Biotechnology you can find job opportunities in the fields like, Pharmaceutical Companies, Chemical, Agriculture and Allied Industries etc. The salary is based on various factors. However, being fresher you can expect the range of the Rs. 20,000 to 25,000 per month. It may increase based on your experience in technical skill in the Biotechnology field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?