27th October 2018, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

Difference between BAMS and BHMS? Which one has wide scope?

Hello, I want to become a Doctor. I am in 10th standard right now. And after my 10th I will study Science in Higher Secondary. But I came to know that there are various medical programs and I want to know about BHMS and BAMS. I am familiar from BHMS but don’t know about BAMS. Kindly tell me about the difference of these two courses. I would also like to know which one has more scope?

2nd November 2018, 07:41 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Difference between BAMS and BHMS? Which one has wide scope?

BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Research. The duration of the course is five and half years, including 1 year internship.

BHMS stands for Bachelor of Homeopathy medicine and surgery and the duration of the course is five and half years, including 1 year internship.

Actually these two courses have equal chances of getting the job but the candidates skill is also going to matter a lot. Nowadays nobody is getting a direct job so you have to qualify the exam that is conducted by the concerned department.
2nd November 2018, 07:54 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Difference between BA MS and BHMS:-

BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery.
The duration of this course is five and half years.

BHMS stands for Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery.
The duration of this course is 5 and half years, including 1 year internship.

To be eligible to pursue the course, one must have qualified higher secondary level of examination with a minimum of 50% marks with the subject combination of physics, chemistry and biology .
While Homoeopathic is well known in India. Ayurveda is slowly picking up.

These both courses are equally beneficial and the job chance depends on your ability and skill and more over you have to qualify the respected entrance test conducted by the concerned department.
3rd November 2018, 08:46 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

B A M S stands for Bachelor of Ayurvedic medicine and surgery. This is a professional course that 12th Science Students belonging to Biology group mein pursue. Ayurveda mostly focuses on natural cures as well as Lifestyle changes to cure ailments. The course covers those topics in detail and helps train students to use those very solutions to solve modern day diseases also.

After BAMS number of job opportunities are available in front of graduates. They may startup own Clinic and start private practice. One may join private or government hospital also.

BHMS or Bachelor of Homeopathic medicine and surgery is an undergraduate academic degree course which covers medical knowledge of the Homeopathic system. Homeopathy is a different kind of system of medicine which involves treating patients with medicines made of highly dilute substances.

After completing the degree the candidate me work as doctor, private practitioner, teacher, researcher, consultant or pharmacist.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?