8th March 2018, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Difference between B.Tech and B.Arch? Which one has wide scope?

Hello, I want to become an Engineer. I am in class 11 now. And after my Higher Secondary I will do Engineering for sure. But I came to know that there are two types of Engineering programs i.e., B.Tech and B.Arch. I am familiar from B.Tech but don’t know about B.Arch. Kindly tell me about the difference of these two courses. I would also like to know which one has more scope.

17th April 2018, 07:04 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Difference between B.Tech and B.Arch? Which one has wide scope?

As you are willing to become an Engineer, I suggest you to go with B.Tech rather than B.Arch course. Basically there is a difference between these two courses and they are,

> B.Tech is a 4 year program which is the application of mathematical as well as scientific principles in the fields like operation, manufacturing, design, structures, processes, machines and systems..etc.,

> Whereas, B.Arch is a 5 year program which basically related to activity of constructing buildings, designing, other physical structures..etc.,

> B.Tech generally has a greater emphasis on technical engineering aspects whereas, B.Arch includes the design of building environment, construction..etc.,

> Some of the streams in B.Tech include, Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electronics Engineering.etc., Whereas B.Arch include Architecture and Regional Planning, Landscape architecture, B.E in Architecture Engineering..etc.,
20th April 2018, 11:12 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Difference between B.Tech and B.Arch? Which one has wide scope?

B.Tech and B.Arch both are emerging fields nowadays, so it is very hard to tell you which is better. One has wide scope in technology field and other in agricultural area. After completing any one of these, you can find ample of career opportunities in government and private sectors. So, choose the field according to your interest as both are good. I have also attached the details of B.Tech and B.Arch below which will give you an idea regarding the same.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf b.tech details.pdf(375.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf b.arch details.pdf(167.2 KB, 0 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?