11th May 2017, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

Is diploma with 4 years experience equal to graduation degree?

Dear Sir/Mam, I am dharmesh rabari. I completed my diploma Electronics & communication. After that I have 4 years experience in same field. Now I think that I have to complete graduation. I have to prepare for GPSC and UPSC So my question is after diploma 4 years experience is equivalent to graduation? Is that eligible for graduation? And what should I do for GPSC and UPSC exam? What is my first step for graduation.?

Thank you

23rd May 2017, 12:07 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is diploma with 4 years experience equal to graduation degree?

I regret to inform you that diploma with 4 years of experience has nothing to do with graduation and it's not equivalent to graduation. And to appear for GPSC and UPSC you must be graduated. So you are advised to first do your graduation then go for GPSC and UPSC. Since, you are an ECE polytechnic engineer, you should go for B.Tech in ECE, by this you would become a graduate with ECE and would also get eligible for GPSC and UPSC.
11th September 2017, 05:01 PM
kunalroy89

Experience is never considered equivalent to Education,even though the knowledge level may be higher.
For UPSC,GPSC etc or other exams where Graduation is minimum compulsory, your Diploma even with multiple years of experience will not be counted as sufficient​. You have to provide degree certificate to be eligible.
You can try for lateral entry admission in Engineering colleges. There,diploma candidates are allowed to appear for entrance exam or through direct admission in 2nd year of B.Tech. You can then complete regular B.Tech in 3years. But this will be a full-time classroom program.
Another option for you is AMIE.
AMIE is a govt body which provides B.Tech Education through Distance Mode for Diploma candidate who can't leave their job. AMIE also is better than regular college B.Tech in terms of time restraint. There are multiple batches in a year. You can check AMIE website for more details regarding this years admission dates etc.
And degree from AMIE is very reputed throughout the world.But passing out from AMIE is tougher as exams and papers are very strict.
12th September 2017, 06:05 AM
cataleya11

Diploma with experience is not equivalent to graduation in any way. Work experience definitely increases knowledge and skills of a person but it can't said to be equal with graduation. If you have done diploma then it will be advantageous if you complete graduation level as well. You will have a good prospect after graduation and 4 years work experience.
12th September 2017, 06:12 PM
sapphire1

No, diploma with 4 years experience is not equivalent to a graduate degree. For applying for any of the govt. exams you have to do graduation.

For any govt. jobs graduation is the minimum qualification. In this, it doesn't matter that you have how much experience you have to apply for graduation after your diploma.

So your experience will not be considered as your degree. As you have done diploma then you can get admission in degree in 2nd year directly through lateral entry. Through this, you can save your 1 year of your degree.

There are so many colleges and universities there you can apply for the B.Tech in the same field and after that, you will get a good job in many companies which are related to your field and there you will get good salary package and good position.

So I think it is best for you to do graduation and after that, you can also apply for the job in govt. sector and private sector as well.
5th April 2020, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Diploma General nursing and midwifery course is 3.5 years course after 12th std. With this course can I eligible for UPSC or GPSC??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?