27th April 2015, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

Does BCA fall into the list of graduation course or not?

Does BCA fall into the list of graduation course or not? I am quite not aware about this course and I really wanted to know if it's consider to be a graduation course or not? Can I take up this course after my school? Can someone please guide me with the information on the same?

Thanks!

Related Questions:
27th April 2015, 08:27 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does BCA fall into the list of graduation course or not?

Yes, BCA course falls into the list of graduation course. BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application) course is recognized one and is offered by many colleges/ universities. Remember, BCA course alone wouldn't offer you good career opportunities and so I suggest you to pursue Post Graduation course i.,e MCA (Master of Computer Application) to find good number of jobs. You are required to good command over the programming languages namely, C, C++, Oracle, Java, .NET, SQL, Linux, Unix. You are eligible to appear in IT Companies selection process after successful completion of either BCA course or MCA course. Make sure you secure minimum 60% marks throughout your academics to be eligible for IT Companies selection process.

Minimum Eligibility to pursue BCA:

>> You must have passed 12th Class with minimum 50% marks from a recognized university.

>> You must have studied Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects in your higher secondary class to be eligible.
27th April 2015, 10:32 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Does BCA fall into the list of graduation course or not? I am quite not aware about this course and I really wanted to know if it's consider to be a graduation course or not? Can I take up this course after my school? Can someone please guide me with the information on the same?

Thanks!
Yes, of course BCA is considered as Graduation program. Those candidates who complete 12th standard with Mathematics subject are eligible.

Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) is a graduate program in the Computer Application Specialization. The duration of course is 3 years, which is split into six semesters. Those candidates who wants to make their career in the computer science field, then the candidate can apply for BCA after 12th standard. BCA is a basic foundation course in Computer application field. Once you have completed BCA, you have options to apply for MCA, M.Sc Computer science etc.

- The minimum qualification needed for the Bachelor of Computer Science is a pass in HSC (10+2) examination any group from a recognized university.
- The students must need at least 50% of marks in the 12th standard.
- Most of the colleges need the students to be at least 17 years old.

- MOP Vaishnav College for Women
Address: 20, IV Lane, Nungambakkam High Road
GAA 4th Ln,Thousand Lights,
Chennai.

- Christ University, Bangalore
Address: Hosur Main Road
Bangalore,Karnataka

- Stella Maris College
Address: 17, Cathedral Rd
Teynampet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu

- Madras Christian College
Address: Velachery Rd, Tambaram East
Tambaram, Tamil Nadu

- G L S Institute of Business Administration
Address: Gls Campus, Opp. Law Garden,
Ellisbridge, Ahmedabad

- Lovely Professional University
Address: Jalandhar - Delhi G.T. Road (NH-1)
Phagwara,Chandigarh
Punjab

- Prestige Institute of Management and Research
Address: 2, Education & Health Sector
Scheme 54, Indore
27th April 2015, 12:55 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application.

Yes,it is a graduation degree course.As the name of the course itself clarifies that it is a Bachelor's Degree Course.

The qualification required for the BCA course is Higher Secondary School Degree or equivalent with minimum 50% marks.The candidate must have pursued HSC degree in Science stream with Physics and Chemistry.Most of the institutes insists that the candidate must have pursued Mathematics in their 12th class.
27th April 2015, 01:15 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, BCA is an undergraduate course completing which will make you a graduate. You can definitely join this course and pursue it after you complete your schooling, i.e, 10+2. BCA stands for Bachelor in Computer Applications. It is a three year course which gives understanding of key areas in computer science and professional competence in applications related to computer especially software world. You can pursue full time as well as online or distance learning courses.
27th April 2015, 02:59 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Yes of course. BCA is a graduation course. It was approved course in all the universities. Top Institutions and Deemed Universities offering this course through entrance examination. BCA course is most demand course in the computer science. Compare to the B.Sc (CS) course, BCA is the choice after 12th examination. Those who want to join bachelor's in computers, then they prefer the BCA course. The course is offering all the arts and science colleges. Most demand course after 12th. Whether Science or Commerce, the candidates are preferred the BCA course.

The course have a good scope in the future. After BCA course, you have a good opportunity in IT companies and public sector. You can get the jobs all the tops MNCs like TCS, Accenture, Infosys, Wipro, HP, Syntel, SAP, CTS, Aricent and IBM. Even, you can go for the Civil Service Examination, Defence Service Examination, Bank Examination, Railway Examination and SSC Examinations.

BCA i.e Bachelor's of Computer Application. The duration of this course is three years. The course is divided into three years. To apply for this course, you should have completed intermediate from a recognized school or equivalent qualification. You must have obtained at least 60% marks in aggregate (55% marks for reserved categories).
27th April 2015, 05:52 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Definitely BCA - Bachelor's of Computer Application is a graduation/ bachelor's degree course offered by universities/ colleges/ institutes and you must not get confused in this way because BCA is listed under all valid graduation courses in India offered by many universities and other graduation courses are :

BA, BBA, B.com, BSc, BBM, B.E., B.Tech, BHMS, BUMS, BAMS, BDS, BLSC, BAS, BCS, BFA, and many more.

So you must believe that BCA is a valid graduation course and you can take admission in BCA course only after having :

Class 12th passed from a recognized board with Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science or

Passed in class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or

Passed in class 12th with mathematics as one of the subjects from a recognized board.

Candidate must have secured at least 50% marks in class 12th then only admission will be provided.

Some best colleges/ institutes offering BCA course in India :

>> Institute of Management Studies - Noida
>> Christ University - Bangalore
>> Institute of Business Studies and Research - Mumbai
>> Madras Christian College - Chennai for UG and PG in Computer application
>> Mount Carmel college - Bangalore - BCA full time AICTE Approved
>> Presidency College for BCA - Bangalore
>> Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research - BCA

Some of the colleges takes admission on the basis of percentage marks secured in class 12th by the candidate so you must have very good marks in class 12th to get admitted in these colleges.
27th April 2015, 10:10 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, BCA course is a Graduation degree course. The name BCA itself indicates that is a Bachelor's degree course i.e., Undergraduate course. BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications. The duration of this course is 3 years. Candidates who had completed 12th standard with Mathematics as subject are eligible to pursue BCA course. You cannot pursue this course after completion of your 10th standard.
27th April 2015, 10:18 PM
Ashwakh

Yes , BCA course is a Graduation course. It is one of the course in many of the graduation courses like B.com , Bsc , BBA , etc..

* You should complete 12th to join in BCA course. So , you should remember that , after Schooling , no one is eligible to join in BCA course .

After 12th , you have to go for 12th and complete it from a Recognised Board.
After 12th , you can go for BCA course .

If you complete BCA course with morethan 60% , then you can apply for many government jobs as well as Private jobs.
Even , you can also attend for the Interviews in Software companies .
22nd October 2016, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

I have finished my s.y.b.com, i wish to go for flight dispatcher course, for that i need physics & mathematics. Is there any chance if i can give physics exam so i can pursue this course.
23rd October 2016, 09:01 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

You are in S.Y.B.Com that is commerce so how can you study physics and give exam. You should have opted for science after 10th,then you could have gone for flight dispatcher course
23rd December 2021, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

i just wannna know that B.C.A comes under graduation courses or not?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?