27th August 2017, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

Does hotel management (HM) has a good future?

I am in class 11th right now and hoping to choose H.M. as a career option and I have taken commerce with math. Is H.M. good for future or not?

27th August 2017, 04:36 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does hotel management (HM) has a good future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in class 11th right now and hoping to choose H.M. as a career option and I have taken commerce with math. Is H.M. good for future or not?

Yes, hotel management has a good future. Candidates after completion of the hotel management course can work in Airline Catering and Cabin services, Cruise Ship Hotel Management, Clubs, Hotels, Lodges, Guest Houses etc. The Hotel management industry required many numbers of trained candidates. Candidates can also find jobs in India and various abroad countries. Candidates can work as Hotel Manager, Housekeeping Manager, Resort Manager, Guest Relations Executive, Operation Manager, Banquet Manager, Front Office Manager etc. The hospitality industry is one of the fastest growing industry in India and it has various opportunities for the skilled candidates.
27th August 2017, 10:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested in hotel industry, then you should go for it, but make sure you are ready for working long hours. This industry needs you to work at any shifts and also you should have a very pleasing personality along with excellent communication skills.

Most of the people join it and then leave the industry because of above mentioned situations. Hence, scope is good in this field, but you need to have the required skills.
27th August 2017, 10:45 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

With the increase of tourism, hotels and hospitality, Hotel Management provide wide range of job and career opportunities.
Hotel Management is experiencing positive demand and it has helped in employment of great number of people in hotels, catering, management, hospitality, etc.
You can join hotel management course after completing 12th standard in any discipline from a recognized board of education.
28th August 2017, 06:32 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely pursuing Hotel Management course has a bright future.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th in any discipline from a recognized Board can apply for the Bachelors degree in Hotel Management.
There are lot of career opportunities after the completion of Hotel Management course.

Aspirants can find jobs in:-

Clubs
Hotels
Cabin Services
Lodges
Airline Catering
Guest Houses etc.

Candidates can work in different organisations as:-

Resort Manager
Operation Manager
Hotel Manager
House Keeping Manager
Guest Relations Executive
Banquet Manager etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?