14th March 2017, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

What percentage of marks in required for studying hotel management course?

Hi friends, I am Aanand Kumar Thakur. I am still studying now in class 12th. I am interested in doing hotel management course. So, any friend and teacher tell me, what percent recommended in hotel management course and which colleges perfect in Indian to do this courses and what it course scope for future.

Related Questions:
  1. How to do Hotel Management in IHM college? What is the fee structure? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Hotel management course fee of Kohinoor College? Percentage required for admission?
  3. List of Colleges offering MBA in Hotel Management in Kolkata? Required Percentage of marks to join this course?
  4. Brief introduction about Hotel Management course? Minimum percentage required in Diploma in Civil Engineering to apply for Hotel Management course?
  5. Fee structure and minimum percentage required in 12th to get admission in Bachelor of Hotel Management? Is there any entrance exam for admission?
  6. List of hotel management colleges after B.Com degree? Percentage required to do Hotel management?
  7. How can I study Diploma in Hotel Management after completing 10th standard? Percentage required in 10th to do this course?
  8. Required Percentage of marks in 10th Class to join Hotel Management course?
  9. How much percentage of marks is required for Hotel Management Diploma?
  10. Required Percentage of Marks in 12th Class to get admission for Hotel Management?
  11. Required Percentage of Marks to join Hotel Management course?
  12. List of Colleges offering Hotel Management course? Required Entrance Exam to give and required percentage of marks for this?
  13. Better scope between BMS or Hotel Management?
  14. Advantages of studying Hotel Management in Switzerland
  15. Required percentage of marks in 12th class to get admission for Hotel Management course? Where to get forms for the respective Entrance Exam?
  16. Preferred books for the preparation of Hotel management entrance exams?
  17. Minimum marks required for Hotel Management in 12th?
  18. Percentage required in Hotel Management after passing 12th commerce?
15th March 2017, 06:07 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What percentage of marks in required for studying hotel management course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi friends, I am Aanand Kumar Thakur. I am still studying now in class 12th. I am interested in doing hotel management course. So, any friend and teacher tell me, what percent recommended in hotel management course and which colleges perfect in Indian to do this courses and what it course scope for future.

Students who have completed Class XII with at least 50% marks are eligible to study hotel management courses. There are various Certificate, Diploma and Degree courses available in the hotel management profession. The courses are available in various colleges in India. So if you have scored over 50% marks then it will be easy for taking admission in hotel management course. You can choose either Diploma or Degree course in Hotel Management after completion of 10+2. The graduation is better compared to the diploma course.
15th March 2017, 09:57 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What percentage of marks in required for studying hotel management course?

As per my knowledge, the minimum 50% percentage required to do HOTEL Management course after 12th. The name of best college for you are given below.

=> Institute of Hotel Management Bhubaneshwar

=> Institute of Hotel Management Gandhinagar

=> Institute of Hotel Management Lucknow

=> Institute of Hotel Management Hazipur

=> Institute of Hotel Management Guwahati

=> Institute of Hotel Management Goa

=> Institute of Hotel Management Shimla

=> Institute of Hotel Management Srinagar

BEST JOBS TYPE FOR YOU

=> Hotel Maintenance Manager

=> Hotel Development Manager

=> Assistant Manager - Hotel Sales

=> Restaurant Manager

=> Security Manager

=> Sales Manager

=> Reservations Manager
15th March 2017, 10:08 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Required percentage for Hotel Management course:-

The candidate should have passed the 12th with the 50% of marks from a recognised University.

Entrance exam pattern

Reasoning General Awareness

Attitude for service sector

English

Duration of the courses is 3 years

Names of the Hotel Management institute in India :-

Institute Of Hotel Management, Bangalore

International Institute Of Hotel Management, Kolkata

Institute Of Hotel Management, Aurangabad

PCTE Institute Of Hotel Management

Institute Of Hotel Management, Catering and nutrition, Pusa, Delhi

Subhas Bose Institute Of Hotel Management

Scope in Hotel Management:-

Kitchen Stewarding Supervisor

Assistant Manager Administration

Assistant Guest Delight Manager

Front Office Manager

Restaurant Captain

Chef

Housekeeping Associate / Team Leader.
15th March 2017, 10:41 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue Bachelors degree in Hotel management after the completion of class 12th, you must have to score a minimum of 50% of marks.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th in any discipline from a recognised Board with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the Hotel Management course.
15th March 2017, 11:14 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

No one can determine the actual cutoff marks or rank before the result comes out.

it solely depends upon the following factors :

* The demand of the course.
* The number of seats available.
* The number of applications came for the course.

So, you will know it once you attend the counseling after shortlisting the college in which you want to take the admission. First you need to prepare well for the entrance examination as good as possible and try to achieve the highest marks.
15th March 2017, 11:54 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

In general, most of the universities/ colleges ask candidates to have secured minimum 50% marks in Hotel Management course. The minimum educational qualification required to pursue Bachelor Degree in Hotel Management course is "12th Class" from a recognized university.

But the basic percentage criteria that you need to secure in 12th Class is 50% marks. After successful completion of Graduation in Hotel Management course, you may find employment opportunities in Restaurants, Resorts, Colleges/ Universities, Government Tourism Organizations..etc.,

Some of the hotel management colleges are,

> IHM Mumbai

> Christ University

> IHM Chennai

> IHM Gwalior

> NSHM School of Hotel Management
16th March 2017, 05:07 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there is a certain criteria required in order to be eligible for studying Hotel Management courses. There are several courses.

>> Diploma in Hotel Management - can be done after 10th Class

>> Bachelor's in Hotel Management - can be done after 12th Class

>> Master's in Hotel Management - can be done after Graduation

As you are studying 12th Class, you can pursue Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management course. The minimum percentage required in 12th Class to pursue this Bachelor's degree course is 50% marks from a recognized university.
16th March 2017, 07:45 PM
AshitaBanerjee

The eligibility requirement is 12th pass from any of the recognized board or passed equivalent qualification to that.

Institutes expect 50% marks in 12th where as for some passing marks is enough.

It is not that difficult to do Hotel Management course. You will get admission in any institute but if you want to do Hotel Management course from reputed and good institute than you may need to go through the entrance examination.

Here is a list of Top colleges where you can apply:
IHM
IIHM
Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration (WGSHA)
Institute of Hotel Management , Catering Technology & Applied Nutrition, Hyderabad
Department of Hotel Management, Christ University
Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
Institute of Hotel Management, Gwalior
Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
16th March 2017, 10:35 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with above 40% marks are eligible for hotel management course. But your age should be below 22 years.

Entrance exams are,

IIHM Entrance Exam

Under Graduate Aptitude Test

Bharati Vidyapeeth University HM Test

Federations of Hotels and Restaurents Association of India(FHRAI)
25th July 2019, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

How many marks do I have to obtain in hotel management course
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?