29th February 2016, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Does it matter on how much percentage marks I take in graduation to join Civil services?

If I am an average student but to join the civil services,is my ambition.so is it matters how much %I got in academic studies or in graduation? Can you please provide me your suggestion? I need to really understand how to proceed further.

1st March 2016, 09:06 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does it matter on how much percentage marks I take in graduation to join Civil services?

Yes, why not ? There is no certain percentage criteria for appearing in Civil Services Examination. But remember, you must have Graduation successfully in order to be eligible. The basic educational qualification required, age required and other more details are provided below in detail.

Generally Civil Services Preliminary Examination notification is issued on the month of November/ December of the previous year and the examination of same is conducted in the month of may. The minimum qualification required is "Graduation" in any discipline from a recognized university and candidates who are pursuing their final year are also eligible for appearing in Civil Services Examination. So no matter how much percentage you secured in Graduation and make sure you successfully pass Bachelor Degree in order to be eligible for Civil Services Examination.
1st March 2016, 10:37 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Does it matter on how much percentage marks I take in graduation to join Civil services?

No, it does not matter how much you score in graduation degree to appear for Civil Service examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation in any discipline with passing percentage.

The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination but you have to qualify in all stages of examination for final recruitment as Officer. For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
1st March 2016, 11:15 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no such marks criteria to opt for Civil Services Examination, you just have to pass graduation without having any backlogs and you are very much eligible to apply for Civil Services Examination.
1st March 2016, 11:18 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

No, it doesn't matter as to how much percentage you do score in graduation to join Civil Services, the only marks considered is the marks scored in the entrance examination. Other than that you just have to pass your graduation, thats it.
2nd March 2016, 11:13 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service examination is one of the toughest examination and is conducted by UPSC every year for recruitment of candidates as I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc...

The selection in the examination is on basis of performance in three stages of examination which is preliminary, Mains and Interview. So, you only requires passing percentage in graduation degree to appear for examination.

So, you need to prepare for examination and do not worry more for aggregate in graduation. So, for more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
2nd March 2016, 02:32 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

UPSC conducts Civil Services Exam every year for recruitment of IAS, IPS officer and various other posts. You are interested to apply for this exam. Following are the eligibility for this exam:

Educational qualification: Student must possess graduation degree for getting eligible for this exam. It does not matter how much percentage or division you secure in the graduation degree.

Age Limit: The maximum age limit is 32 years. Relaxation in maximum age limit is given to reserved category students as per govt. norms.

Selection Procedure: The selection procedure consists of Preliminary exam, Mains exams followed by interview.

>>So in my opinion you have to start your preparation as it is one of the toughest exams in India. If you want to go through the exam pattern or any details then you can either go through the previous year detailed notification or below attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC CSE.pdf(5.66 MB, 78 views)
2nd March 2016, 11:43 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If I am an average student but to join the civil services,is my ambition.so is it matters how much %I got in academic studies or in graduation? Can you please provide me your suggestion? I need to really understand how to proceed further.
No, it does not matter on how much percentage of marks you scored in graduation to join Civil Services. The Civil Services examinations are conducted by UPSC. The aspirant has to appear for Preliminary Examinations, Mains Examinations and Interview to clear the civil services. The eligibility for Preliminary Examination is a pass in Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university. The upper age limit is 32 years for general candidate, for OBC 35 years and for
SC/ST 37 years. The website link of UPSC is given http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?