10th March 2019, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study Bachelor of Physiotherapy for DPharm holder?

Hi everyone, I have done with my DPharm course. Can I now do Bachelor of Physiotherapy now? Actually, I am interested in doing this Bachelor of Physiotherapy course. So, I would like to know whether I am eligible or not? Please help me to know about the eligibility criteria asap. Thank you!

12th March 2019, 10:58 AM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study Bachelor of Physiotherapy for DPharm holder?

Eligibility to study Bachelor of Physiotherapy:

The basic eligibility criteria to study Bachelor of Physiotherapy is pass in 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum aggregate score of 50% with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as main subjects from a recognized board. Hence you can study Bachelor of Physiotherapy on the basis of 12th passed certificate.

Last edited by ppsahu; 15th March 2019 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Remove *
12th March 2019, 08:47 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to study Bachelor of Physiotherapy for D Pharm holder:-

To pursue Bachelor of Physiotherapy one needs to be pass in 12th class or equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in physics, chemistry and biology provided the candidate has passed in each subject separately.

There is a common entrance test( CET) for the course in Bachelor of Physiotherapy.

Admission is based mainly on CET scores. A candidate seeking admission to Bachelor of physiotherapy should be at least 17 years of age.
13th March 2019, 11:51 AM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone, I have done with my DPharm course. Can I now do Bachelor of Physiotherapy now? Actually, I am interested in doing this Bachelor of Physiotherapy course. So, I would like to know whether I am eligible or not? Please help me to know about the eligibility criteria asap. Thank you!

Candidates who have passed Diploma in Physiotherapy (3 years after 10th or 1 or 2 years after 12th) are eligible to study Bachelor of Physiotherapy through lateral entry admission. Some institutes conduct an entrance examination for the admission to study Bachelor of Physiotherapy course through lateral entry. There is no information available about studying Bachelor of Physiotherapy after completion of DPharm course. Therefore, candidates have to contact the college for exact details about the admission eligibility.
13th March 2019, 04:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For bachelor in physiotherapy course you need to have class 12th qualification with PCB stream. Diploma in pharmacy is not required for such course. You can apply for entrance exam on the basis of your class 12th and get admission based on merit.

Just make sure you have got excellent marks in the entrance exam so that you can get admission at your choice of college through counselling. On the basis of diploma in pharmacy you can also go for bachelor of pharmacy lateral entry.
14th March 2019, 11:41 PM
Careeradviser
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you can pursue a bachelor of Physiotherapy after completing your D.Pharm course.

Eligibility for admission:

-> Candidates over 17 years of age are eligible to apply.
The candidate must have passed 10+2, A Level, IB, American 12th Grade or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, English, and Biology with a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.

Duration: 4 years 6 months inclusive of 6 months compulsory internship.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?