18th April 2018, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study BHMS in AHMCH? Duration of this course?

Hi Sir, I want to study BHMS in Assam Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital. I just want to know about the duration of this course. So, please tell me about the duration and also let me know about the eligibility criteria for applying in this course.

15th May 2018, 04:44 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study BHMS in AHMCH? Duration of this course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir, I want to study BHMS in Assam Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital. I just want to know about the duration of this course. So, please tell me about the duration and also let me know about the eligibility criteria for applying in this course.

Candidates must have passed higher secondary examinations (10+2) or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English and must have secured a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board are eligible to apply for the BHMS course in the Assam Homeopathic Medical College & Hospital (AHMCH). Candidates must not be below 17 years and above 24 years of age for the admission (relaxation is given to SC/ST/OBC, etc.). Candidates must be permanent residents of Assam to get admission to study BHMS in AHMCH. Duration of the BHMS course is five years and six months. Candidates can find the details in the AHMCH website link given Click Here
15th May 2018, 05:36 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

It is a 5 years 6 months long undergraduate course. 4.5 years are dedicated towards academic program. 1 year of internship program.

Eligibility criteria to study BHMS should be-
Candidates must have passed 12th board examination from Science stream having PCB as main subjects.
Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50 percent marks in PCB subjects. Various institutes have their minimum marks criteria.
16th May 2018, 10:09 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue BHMS from AHMCH, you should have completed your 13th standard in PCB and English subjects with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board. Candidates belonging to reserved category will require 40% marks. The duration of the course is 5 years and the admission is done on the basis of marks secured in the written examination conducted by the institute itself.
16th May 2018, 10:39 AM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

BHMS is Basically a 5.5 years duration course (4.5 years of academic sessions +1 year of compulsory internship).

Eligibility Criteria for BHMS course:

Candidates, who have passed 12th Science board examination from a recognized board are eligible to pursue this course. Candidate must have secured a minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.

Last edited by ppsahu; 11th August 2018 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Short answer
16th May 2018, 02:32 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue BHMS in AHMCH and Duration of the course:

The basic eligibility criteria required to pursue this BHMS in AHMCH course is as follows.

Name of the course - BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)

Duration of the course - 5 years

Total number of seats - 50 seats

In order to be eligible for pursuing this course, candidates must have passed "Higher Secondary Examination" or 12th class in 10+2 pattern with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects from a recognized board. And the minimum percentage required is 50% marks in 12th Class and 40% marks for reserved category candidates.

Reserved category may include, OBC/ Category of Assam/ ST (H)/ SC/ ST (P)/ MOBC..etc.,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?