24th January 2019, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study BSc(Computer Science) for 12th PCM candidate without Computer Science?

Dear Sir/Madam, I have just passed out my 12th with PCM stream but no Computer Science. Right now, I am interested to BSc in Computer Science. So, I would like to know that I am eligible for Computer Science Honours?

30th January 2019, 11:30 AM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study BSc(Computer Science) for 12th PCM candidate without Computer Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Madam, I have just passed out my 12th with PCM stream but no Computer Science. Right now, I am interested to BSc in Computer Science. So, I would like to know that I am eligible for Computer Science Honours?

Yes, it is possible to study BSc Computer Science for the 12th PCM candidates without computer science. It is not mandatory to study computer science as a subject in 10+2 for the admission to study BSc Computer Science. Those candidates who have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English subjects are eligible to study the BSc Computer Science course. Duration of the course is three years. Some colleges conduct an entrance test for the admission to study the BSc Computer Science course.
30th January 2019, 09:12 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study BSc(Computer Science) for 12th PCM candidate without Computer Science?

B.Sc. Computer Science Eligibility:

10 + 2 or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as main subjects.

The candidate has to appear in the entrance test that is conducted by the institute.

You are also eligible if you hadn't Computer Science as an optional subject in 12th.
31st January 2019, 05:10 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to study B.Sc (Computer Science) for 12th PCM candidate without Computer Science are as follows:-
Candidate must have completed their Higher Secondary Education from a recognised educational board.
Candidate must have scored at least 55% aggregate in 12th standard.
31st January 2019, 06:51 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Candidates passed 12th in PCM are eligible to get admission in B.Sc Computer Science course.

So, you are eligible to get admission.

The admission procedure to get admission varies with colleges and universities, so visit official website to get detail information.
31st January 2019, 07:47 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

The basic eligibility required to enter in Bachelor of Science in Computer Science course is that the candidate should have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English from a recognized board of education.

B.Sc. Computer Science or Bachelor of Science in Computer Science is an undergraduate Computer Science Course. As per your education qualification, I think you are eligible to get admission in B.Sc. Computer Science course. The duration of B.Sc. Computer Science course is three years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?