22nd February 2015, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

How to become customs officer after B.Com graduation?

I am a bcom student in my second year.. through mumbai university but as per the new law there is 60-40 system in which a stuents all three years marks are calculated and he is given a grade in final graduation result.. so what grade do i need to be a customs officer.. what should i do after graduation.. i have a good physique and i'm 6feet tall..i also have a good command over english hindi and Marathi but i am

In open category.. thnx ur help is precious

22nd February 2015, 04:50 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become customs officer after B.Com graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a bcom student in my second year.. through mumbai university but as per the new law there is 60-40 system in which a stuents all three years marks are calculated and he is given a grade in final graduation result.. so what grade do i need to be a customs officer.. what should i do after graduation.. i have a good physique and i'm 6feet tall..i also have a good command over english hindi and Marathi but i am

In open category.. thnx ur help is precious
You need to score at least 55% marks in B.Com to be eligible for the Customs Officer exam.

In order to become a Customs Officer, You must appear and Qualify in Civil Services Examination, which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. This Exam is divided into two separate parts, Preliminary and Main Exam.

Eligibility Criteria

-Bachelor’s degree in any subject area with 55% marks from a recognized University.
-Candidates age should not below than 18 years and not be more than 27 years. Relaxations in upper age limit for SC /ST is 5 years, for OBC is 3 years,
-The final selection process is based on Written exam, Physical test and personal interview.

Physical Requirements:
Minimum Height : 157.5 cm

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in
23rd February 2015, 11:57 AM
bablurocks

To become a Customs Officer, Graduation in any field is the required qualification.

It is necessary to score at least 55% marks in the graduation level. The maximum age specified for this post is 30 years.

To become a custom officer you need to appear in civil services exam.

This exam will include two sections- Preliminary exam and main Exam.

It is mandatory to clear the first level to become eligible for attending main level. Physical test and personal interview is the final selection process for those who clear both the levels of written exam
25th February 2015, 04:17 PM
Devdatta Divekar

To assume the role of customs office, you should get into the Indian Revenue Service (IRS). IRS constitutes Income Tax and Customs and Central Exercise. To become custom officer, bachelors degree is requires, Physical strength and stamina. You will need to undergo Civil Service Aptitude Test. After qualifying test, you are eligible to take the Main Examination.
15th April 2015, 12:19 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility required to become a Custom Officer are following:-

-UPSC conducts civil services exam for recruitment in Indian Revenue Services(Customs and Central Excise).

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree with minimum 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized university.

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 30 years.

-The civil services exam comprises of

* Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT)

*Civil Services Main Exam

*Personality Test.
20th May 2018, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

What is the type of uniform for the customs officers. Will it be full sleeve or half sleeve only sir. Can you please help me with my confusion sir..
15th September 2022, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

My name kundan im join Indian custom officer but my tybcom 40% I'm eligible to irs custom nd custom priventive officer ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?