24th June 2015, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

How to become a Game Developer? How to proceed after 10th? Is engineering required for becoming a Game Developer?

I am currently in 10th Class in New Delhi. I want to become a Game Developer. Is engineering required to do so? Which stream should I take? I am very confused at this moment. Some people tell me that its compulsory to take Science stream and do engineering to become a game developer, while some say that I can take Commerce stream and take IT or something like that. I don't exactly know about that one. I need some guidance?

25th June 2015, 12:59 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a Game Developer? How to proceed after 10th? Is engineering required for becoming a Game Developer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am currently in 10th Class in New Delhi. I want to become a Game Developer. Is engineering required to do so? Which stream should I take? I am very confused at this moment. Some people tell me that its compulsory to take Science stream and do engineering to become a game developer, while some say that I can take Commerce stream and take IT or something like that. I don't exactly know about that one. I need some guidance?
Nice to see that you are interested to become a Game Developer. It is mandatory that you must take the Science stream with Computer Science and Mathematics as a main subject. Once, after completing 12th standard, you must apply for B.Tech/B.E in Computer Science stream with C++ programming.

After completing B.Tech or B.E in Computer Engineering, get practical Training in the field of Game Develoment. Once, if you have successfully completed your Training then you can make your career as a Game Developer.
25th June 2015, 11:20 AM
xiomi china

Thumbs up Re: How to become a Game Developer? How to proceed after 10th? Is engineering required for becoming a Game Developer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

According to me, to be a Game developer what you need is an imagination and creativity. And the Course you need to do to implement your creativity and imagination is the computer Science from any of the Engineering college. So, you need to be best JAVA Developer or .NET developer or Android developer. As most of the Games are developed using these languages only.
25th June 2015, 01:32 PM
mwh

Default Re: How to become a Game Developer? How to proceed after 10th? Is engineering required for becoming a Game Developer?

Yes,engineering in computer science stream is required to become a game developer.
After 10th class study intermediate in pcm and join in cse after 12th.
Gaming programmers are software engineers who develop and write the software for video games.it ir typically a part of collaborative creative team.
Your work will primarily be in the area of coding which tells the computer or system what to do for the game to be played.
So,computer science engineering is required to become a good program developer.
25th June 2015, 01:54 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Game developer is one who writes program code and make a video game to run. To pursue career in game developer one must complete his graduation in computer science/ information technology or other related fields. It depends on one's own interest either to do B.Tech/ B.E. As both are equivalent you can pursue in any of the degree. But take science stream in class 12 and enter into the graduation level with computer science/ information technology or related fields. Besides that one must have excellent grip on programming languages like C, C++ etc..,
6th February 2016, 06:08 AM
Unregistered

I want to become a game designer,what should i have to do after 10th ?
15th April 2016, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

I am in 10th I want to become a game designer which subject is recommended for it after 10th.
26th May 2016, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

I given 10th board exam then after 12th science which is best to do software engineer or software developer or game developer
3rd March 2017, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of class 10 . I want to become a game developer.what exactly should I take in class 11?
6th April 2017, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

I am 10 passed student i want to take admission in game developer
Can I take Admission in Game Developer ??
6th May 2018, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO BECOME A GAME DESIGNER/DEVELOPER , I TOOK COMPUTER SCIENCE AND SCIENCE AS A STREAM IN CLASS 11TH AND 12TH. NOW I THINK THAT THESE 2YEARS I DID NOT LEARN EVEN A SINGLE THING EXCEPT SOME THING SI LEARNED IN C . THIS IS ACTUALLY A CLICHE KIND OF A THING. I WAS TORTURED WITH CHEMISTRY AND PHYSICS WHICH I NEVER WANTED TO STUDY AND I DONT THINK IT WILL EVER HELP IN MY CAREER. NOW I AM THINKING NOT TO TAKE ANY COLLEGE DEGREE AND JUST MASTER DESIGNING GAMES UNDER UNITY. I HAVE STARTED TO DEVELOP A GAME,.i DONT GET THE THING THAT I HAVE TO STUDY UNNECESSARY SUBJECTS AND UNINTERESTING THINGS FOR YEARS TOGETHER TO DO WHAT I HAVE OF INTEREST AT THE TIME OF JOB AND THAT TIME THEY WILL SAY THAT YOU NEED EXPERIENCE . WHO HAS TIME TO GET EXPERIENCE???? I AM INFURIATED THAT JUST TO PURSUE A CAREER OF OUR INTEREST WE HAVE TO DEPEND ON LOTS OF SHITT WHICH IS UNHELPFUL
5th September 2018, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

I have passed ssc exam and what should I do to become a game developer should I give jee and neet exam or just pass 12th
13th March 2019, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

How to become a Game tester? How to proceed after 10th? Is engineering required for becoming a Game Developer?
7th July 2019, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

Engineering is necessary for gaming course and can you help me which collage is for this
1st February 2020, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

I've learned that, there is no problem weather i take maths or not, then it says here that i should take maths as a compulsory subject. What should i do then?
27th March 2020, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

I am very interested to become a game designer and after 10th class what are the courses to be taken to do it in an easy way
9th April 2020, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

I want to become game developer band design after 10th what should I do please tell me
2nd May 2020, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

after my 10th how should i start to become a gaming developer and what procedure should i take ..and how, in which Prosser , should i take
7th June 2020, 06:27 PM
HGK7

To be a Game developer what you need is an imagination and creativity. And the Course you need to do to implement your creativity and imagination is the computer Science from any of the Engineering college. So, you need to be best JAVA Developer or .NET developer or Android developer. As most of the Games are developed using these languages only.
11th July 2020, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Someone tell me Latur City in Maharashtra institutes in game development
6th July 2021, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Hi i am currently in tenth class how to become a software engineer
10th April 2022, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

i am in class 10 i am studying computer engineering which course i should do after 12 to become game designer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?